Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at email@example.com if you have any additional information.
Get the facts about back pain, including the symptoms and causes.
- Back Pain Get the facts about back pain, including the symptoms and causes.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Dupuytren's Contracture Dupuytren’s contracture is a thickening of the tissue in your hand
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Hip Replacement The reasons why hip replacements are performed.
- Knee Replacement Facts about knee replacement surgery.
- Osteoarthritis Get the facts about osteoarthritis, including the symptoms.
- Osteoarthritis of the Knee Osteoarthritis of the knee: symptoms & risk factors for developing it.
- Osteoporosis Osteoporosis is a condition that causes the bones to weaken.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Facts about rheumatoid arthritis (RA), including juvenile arthritis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Gary Casper
Dr. Gary Casper, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Oklahoma City, OK. He has 41 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopedic Surgery. Dr. Casper is affiliated with Physicians Hospital of Oklahoma, Jim Thorpe Rehabilitation Hospital and Norman Regional Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Gary Casper has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopedic Surgery
An orthopaedic surgeon is a physician who specializes in diagnosis and surgical treatment of injuries and disorders involving the musculoskeletal system, such as hip replacements and arthroscopic knee surgery.
In addition to treating trauma to the musculoskeletal system, these doctors also deal with sports injuries, degenerative diseases, infections, tumors and congenital disorders.
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 13
I saw Dr. Casper in 2003 he was doing a research program on a Maverick Disc, which was not suppose to be charged to my insurance since it was research, well he charged my insurance for the surgery, one in which I don't believe I needed, I came out of surgery with the same pain I went into surgery with, since it was a nerve and not a disc that was the problem and by doing the surgery he made it where I can't get the nerve fixed unless I don't want to walk again because they can't remove the disc he put in. When he found out I divorced and no longer had insurance, he called me a drug addict, said I was just wanting drugs from him he was shouting this not just saying it and practically through me out of his office. When he thought I still had insurance he had already made out the prescriptions I needed but then tore them up when I made him aware I no longer had insurance. If not for him I believe I would not still be in pain and having to live with pain management today. The only thing he cared about was me filling out the paper work on his research not about my pain or my quailty of life in anyway.
Dr. Casper is a kind man himself, but his staff is a whole different story. His receptionist/assistant is completely unprofessional. I would not recommend this establishment at all. When you are trying to get help with a problem and the people that are supposedly trying to help you are nothing but rude it is pretty disheartening. I just wanted to put this out there since there are many other doctors out there with much more courteous staffs that can help.
Dr. Casper is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Physicians Hospital of Oklahoma
Jim Thorpe Rehabilitation Hospital
Norman Regional Hospital
Wyckoff Heights Med Ctr, Brooklyn, Ny
Physicians Hospital Of Oklahom, Oklahoma City, Ok
41 Years Experience
University of Oklahoma
Graduated in 1972
Dr. Gary Casper accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions1001 N Western Ave, Oklahoma City, OK
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Gary Casper in this video.
Dr. Gary Casper is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Oklahoma City, OK.