Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Gary R Cecchi
Dr. Gary R Cecchi, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Oakland, CA. He has 39 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Hematology & Oncology. Dr. Cecchi is affiliated with Doctors Medical Center, Oroville Hospital and San Ramon Regional Medical Center. Dr. Cecchi has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Gary R Cecchi has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Hematology & Oncology
- Skin Cancer
- Lung Cancer
- Blood Cancer
- Adult T-Cell Leukemia-Lymphoma
- Nutritional Support
- Hodgkin's Lymphoma
- Bone Marrow Transplant
Showing 5 of 99
I was diagnosed with 5 cancers. Dr. Cecchi managed my care wonderfully. As we worked through each one, he monitored all the treatments, inspected all the reports, discussed all the options and followed through on everything. CPMC scoped me twice, and the surgeries (Colostomy, Kidney removal, squamous skin cancer, bladder scope, radiation) were done in SF, Alta Bates, Merritt, Summit Hospitals. He stayed with me through it all.
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Cecchi is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
39 Years Experience
Tufts University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1979
Hope National Medical Center
Dr. Gary R Cecchi accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsHematology Oncology Associates, 3100 Telegraph Ave Ste 3101, Oakland, CA
Dr. Gary R Cecchi is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Oakland, CA.