Get the facts about bowel incontinence, including the causes and who is most at risk of developing it.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Hepatitis C Facts about hepatitis C: the signs, symptoms and who is most at risk.
- IBS Facts about Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Gary De La Pena
Dr. Gary De La Pena, MD is a Doctor primarily located in San Diego, CA. He has 15 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology. Dr. De La Pena is affiliated with Sharp Memorial Hospital, Scripps Mercy Hospital Chula Vista and Sharp Coronado Hospital and Healthcare Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Gary De La Pena has the following 1 specialty
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
Dr. Gary De La Pena has the following 5 expertise
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
Dr. Gary De La Pena has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 15
I was referred by my internist to this Dr. The office staff mishandled the insurance claim and ultimately forced collections on me and damaged my credit when the whole cost should have been covered by insurance. The office staff were rude and uncooperative in efforts to resolve the problem and the Dr. would not return my calls. The office staff lied to the insurance company regarding the facts of the situation and the insurance company didn't pay them as a result. His Staff particularly, Gina, are rude and have no customer service abilities. This Dr. should be avoided.
Dr. De La Pena is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Sharp Memorial Hospital
Scripps Mercy Hospital Chula Vista
Sharp Coronado Hospital and Healthcare Center
Scripps Mercy Hospital San Diego
Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla
Sharp Grossmont Hospital
Vibra Hospital Of San Diego
Scripps Mercy Hospital Hillcrest
San Diego Endoscopy Center
15 Years Experience
Wright State University
Graduated in 1998
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions4060 4th Ave, San Diego, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Gary De La Pena in this video.
Dr. Gary De La Pena is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Diego, CA.