Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Gary G Dicanio has the following 2 specialties
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Hot Flashes
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 60
I went to this office a few years ago and it was so so. I felt the doctor was rushed, but I recently had to go back and found it to be much better. The staff was smiling and happy. The doctor more relaxed. It was very busy but I understand that is healthcare today. Overall, I am happy my insurance company assigned me to Dr. DiCanio. He was professional and the staff was great.
Although the wait was longer than expected, I must say that every doctor I visit lately has had a longer than expected wait time. Dr. DiCanio was professional and spent the necessary time with me. He is an old school doctor. the computer frustrated him and we joked about that but he is a nice man who I feel is under a lot of pressure to adapt to the new electronic world. I get it. I'm just happy to have a doctor who really does care. After my third visit he seemed more comfortable and relaxed and we had a great talk. I'm grateful to have him as my doctor.
This Doctor had me wait an hour with no patients in the waiting room & in his office. His bedside manner was horrible, uninterested, seemed almost uninformed. When I asked questions he beat around the bush, and I am a Nurse he wasn't going to fool me. I will never visit this office again & I hope to inform others of this horrible experience.
25 Years Experience
New York College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1993
Dr. Gary G Dicanio accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- First Health PPO
- Healthfirst NY HMO ABCD
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsHealth 1 Medical, 2780 Middle Country Rd Ste 140, Lake Grove, NY
Dr. Gary G Dicanio is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lake Grove, NY.