Dr. Gary Erdy Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Gary Erdy?

great caring doctor

Posted on August 5th, 2016

He was my Doctor for 4 years. He moved to London. I tried other Doctors and did not like what was happening. So I now travel to London for his expert medical care!

Great doctor!

Posted on February 25th, 2016

Dr. Erdy was my doctor for 20 years while he was in Evansville, Indiana. I first saw him in the ER. I had been to another doctor for a couple of weeks with severe stomach pain and fever. The other doctor kept doing test but could not come up with a diagnosis. Within 5 minutes in the ER, Dr. Erdy told my husband that while they were going to do some testing he was 99% sure I had pancreatitis. I was severely dehydrated and stayed in the hospital for 4 days with IV's but I made a full recovery thanks to Dr. Erdy. I will be forever grateful for this doctor. Sure did hate to see him move.

Posted on February 16th, 2016

Great doctor. Diagnosed me very quickly when the staff at Springfield Hospital misdiagnosed me multiple times.

Posted on June 30th, 2015

This Dr. is wonderful, in resent months I have seen 3 Dr.'s who have done nothing for me until I was able to get in and see Dr. Erdy and he has started me down a path to recovery. I am really pleased with the staff and Dr. Erdy.

Excellent Physician

Posted on May 18th, 2015

It's been almost 3 years now since I found Dr. Erdy and I'm so glad I did! He always takes plenty of time to answer my questions and is extremely thorough with preventative care and with treating my ongoing conditions. He always asks about my family and seems very caring and genuine. I'm so glad he came to Springfield, his patients in Indiana must surely miss having such a great doctor.

Stopped being interested in my health. :(

Posted on April 23rd, 2015

When I first saw Dr. Erdy about two years ago, I was really impressed. He seemed interested in my well-being. However, as time went on, he seemed less interested, forgot why he referred me places. I was constantly reminding him of my health issues. He would ask why this, why that? When it should've been right there in my "chart". It was like I was a new patient every time, having to explain the same symptoms over and over. He made me feel like I wasn't important any more. (maybe because I went from having Anthem to Medicaid?) I don't know, but my disappointment is huge and I'm sad about this. I went to him based on referrals from other patients. The wait time to see him was awful, but I do understand some patients take more time than others, but when you have to come during your work hours, it hurts your paycheck. He never offered any type of preventive healthcare, never once tested my cholesterol or other things like that, that are important when you're in your 40's. At the last few visits, I felt like a number, like he was tired of me as I do have health issues that are ongoing. Doctors sure have changed over the years. It's sad and disheartening really. I guess I will go out of town to find a decent doctor in the area that will take my insurance which will be Buckeye. I work. I don't sit at home and collect any food stamps or money. I am one that needs medical coverage for issues that I've had since 2005 which no one can seem to resolve. It's like they give up on me. :-(-

Excellent Physician

Posted on February 11th, 2015

An excellent physician, very glad I found him and his staff.

Favorite Doctor!

Posted on May 20th, 2012

I have been a patient of Dr. Erdy for almost 18 years now. He is a great doctor and always takes the time to cover any problem I am having and follow up with me when needed. He remembers stuff about me and my family and even remembers my 18 year old son when I am in for an appointment with him and asks about him. I was hoping he would be my doctor for another 18+ years, however he is moving out of our area. I am so bummed to have to find a new doctor and wonder if the next doctor will be as caring and in tune with my needs as he has been. If I could still use him when he moved I would however it is too far away from me for me to drive to see him as my physician.

MrsLaurie Cougill

Posted on April 16th, 2012

Dr. Erdy nagged me to get a colonoscopy, as soon as I could comply, I got it-I had a large tumor on my colon, a few more weeks it would have been involved in my lymph nodes (caught in the nick of time) Dr, Erdy, Dr Schnieder, and Dr Finn saved my life.

Great Doctor!

Posted on January 28th, 2010

Dr Erdy was very forthcoming and really listened to me. His diagnosis was always spot on. Unfortunely, I moved out of state and am no longer under his care.

Posted on November 23rd, 2009

Excellent doctor! Spends plenty of time. Asks me lots of questions, gives me opportunity to ask him lots of questions. Very personable. I trust his diagnosis and medical advice.

Posted on September 18th, 2017