Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Gary Fifield
Dr. Gary Fifield, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Minneapolis, MN. He has 44 years of experience. His specialties include Pediatric Emergency Medicine and Pediatrics. Dr. Fifield is affiliated with Childrens Hospital - Minneapolis, Children's Hospital & Clinics-St Paul and Bethesda Rehabilitation Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Gary Fifield has the following 2 specialties
- Pediatric Emergency Medicine
If your child ever becomes unstable and you rush to the hospital, a pediatric emergency medicine specialist will work to quickly diagnose the condition, start treatment and then continue to monitor symptoms until he/she is stable again. They are pediatricians specifically trained to handle medical emergencies and make quick decisions to treat infants and children.
They have experience treating allergic reactions, poisonings, trauma injuries from accidents and complications that arise from any chronic illnesses, congenital conditions, asthma or diabetes. They can also diagnose the source of severe symptoms like fever, seizures and trouble breathing to get parents more answers.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Gary Fifield is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Dr. Fifield is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Bethesda Rehabilitation Hospital
Healtheast Woodwinds Hospital
Healtheast St John's Hospital
St. Joseph's Hospital
Healtheast St Joseph's Hospital
44 Years Experience
University of Minnesota, Twin Cities
Graduated in 1973
Fairview University Medical Center
Dr. Gary Fifield accepts the following insurance providers.
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & DirectionsCHILDRENS HOSPITAL AND CLINICS MINNEAPOLIS, 2525 Chicago Ave, Minneapolis, MN
Dr. Gary Fifield is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Minneapolis, MN.