Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Gary W Fischer has the following 1 specialty
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
Dr. Gary W Fischer has the following 1 expertise
Dr. Gary W Fischer has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Gary W Fischer is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
Could not get an appointment before my knee replacement surgery. He didn't look over my medical records before he came in to prepare me for anesthesia. I asked him to only give me Presedex. He refused and insisted on Propofol and a gas. He could care less that these drugs adversely effect my memory, eye sight and make my seasonal allergies 10 times worse than normal. I am easily put to sleep, he never asked me either. He refused to do a spinal block after I mentioned I have spinal stenosis of which he would have known this if he had read my records. He lied about this in his notes about what was done to me during the surgery. He said I refused it. If I had been given Presedex and a muscle relaxer I would not have awakened during the surgery of which he said he had to use the other drugs. He damaged my saphenous nerve during the block and the tournaqet was too tight, My leg feels like it has novacaine in it all the time, for 1 year now. He damaged the back of my throat entibating me, something else I didn't need. I have had memory problems, worsening eye sight and and a horrible year of allergies!!!!!!
34 Years Experience
University Of Texas Southwestern Medical School
Graduated in 1984
University Of Texas Southwestern/Parkland Health & Hospital System
Dr. Gary W Fischer accepts the following insurance providers.
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
Locations & DirectionsMid Texas Anesthesia Associates, 405 Londonderry Dr Ste 105, Waco, TX
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Gary W Fischer in this video.
Dr. Gary W Fischer is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Waco, TX.