Dr. Gary Fleischer Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Gary Fleischer?

Posted on February 8th, 2015

I met with Dr. Fleischer twice, after having four surgeries, from 2005 to 2010. Plus many other procedures in Boston Ma with some of the most outstanding surgeons, who have always told me about my spinal condition. After four long years of rehab, I was in an automobile accident where a man ran a stop sign. My spinal issues were confined to my Lumbar until the accident . Now have multiple herniation's in my Tspine, and the "cage" replacing my L5 was damaged. I saw this surgeon when I moved all my doctors to Core Physicians in Exeter NH. They are all great. Except this surgeon. who laughed at me, as if I knew nothing about my condition. Insulted my Pain Mgnt Doctor, who has been taking wonderful care of my Tspine, but not qualified for Lspine, because he knew it was surgical care only. Dr Fleischer's office specifically asked me not to bring my MRI but instead bring a Xray. The day of my visit, last week. He walked in the room, I had the written report of updated MRI "just in case" and he laughed at me and asked why I did not bring the disc. of the MRI. I told him his nurse advised me not to. For me to have an Xray the day of my appt. and bring that in instead. I ended up walking out without saying a word. I immediately called my pain MD>Dr Greenspan, who is wonderful and knowledgable and understands my condition. He immediately referred me elsewhere. I would never recommend Dr Fleischer to anyone. He is condescending, not caring, and insults a patients dignity and intelligence.

Rude doctor, but great surgeon

Posted on April 18th, 2014

Asks about issues, but dismisses concerns in condescending manner. Staff was always polite but he constantly had an arrogant air and was very rude

the best

Posted on August 22nd, 2012

Extremely caring and the best neuro surgeon within a hundred miles

Amazing Surgeon

Posted on January 6th, 2012

Dr. Fleischer is an amazing surgeon. I lived for nearly 2 years with a torticollis positioing of my neck caused from an injury. I saw doctor after doctor searching for answers and help. Dr.Fleischer was my 22nd opinion. He was the only one who didn't give me the quick answer "Spasmodic Torticollis" I knew it wasn't spasmodic torticollis just because of how the injury happened. I had a disk protrusion in my neck that affected my left arm. He and I both believed removing the disk would help the arm pain and possibly straighten my neck by relieving the affected nerve. He told me if the disk was the cause, once the internal swelling went down, I would wake up and be straight. 1 month after surgery, that is exactly what happened. My neck has been straight for 15 months, I feel the best I have ever felt, and I have him to thank for that. The other doctors didn't believe that the disk protrusion could cause my neck to do that, and I will forever remember him saying to me "Just because we havn't seen it, doesn't mean it can't happen" Truly and amazing person!

He saved my quality of life

Posted on February 21st, 2011

I had been to a "pain center" for numbness and pain in my feet. I had a MRI which the doctor there reviewed then gave me an examination and told me to relieve the pain he would deaden the nerves in my lower spine. I got a 2nd opinion from Dr. Fleischer. He tapped my knees with his diagnostic hammer and said that the problem was not with my lower back, it was with my cervical area. He asked if I had an MRI taken and I replied I had and gave him the disk. He put it in a PC and showed me a huge bone spur depressing my spinal cord at the cervical area C3-C4 !! A few weeks later he surgically removed a disk to be able to remove the spur and inserted a small plate and 4 screws to bridge the removed disk. I can hardly see the surgical scar from that surgery. What would have happened to me had that bone spur been allowed to continue to grow and depress my spinal cord? Paralysis of my arms and legs.He truly saved my quality of life. He's a truly excellent surgeon. If I ever need any more surgery in his area of specialization, he's the one to do it.

Incredible Diagnostician

Posted on April 10th, 2010

The Years that Dr. Fleischer had spent in the Armed Forces has served him well. His ability to acurately diagnose issues is without compare. One can only imagine the wide array of cases he must have come across in his time in the service, and the ultimate benefit that this will provide his future patients. My personal experience is one that is common to most. I lived with a cronic pain that others could do nothing than treat the symptoms of. Dr. Fleischer was able to quickly deduce the ultimate source of my affliction and render treatment. I now have found the relief that has eluded my for so many years. Thank you Dr. Fleischer.

Posted on October 9th, 2017