Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Gary S Gabelman
Dr. Gary S Gabelman, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Scarsdale, NY. He has 33 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease. Dr. Gabelman is affiliated with NewYork-Presbyterian/Lawrence Hospital. Dr. Gabelman has received 5 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Gary S Gabelman has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Cardiovascular Disease
Dr. Gary S Gabelman has the following 16 expertise
- Blood Clot
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Failure
- Unstable Angina
- Holter monitoring
- Carotid Artery Diseases (CAD)
- Heart Block
- Heart Attack
- High Cholesterol
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
Dr. Gary S Gabelman has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Gary S Gabelman is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 17
THERE HAS NEVER BEEN A TIME WHEN DR GABLEMAN WASNT THERE FOR ME. I HAD A ROUGH TIME GOING THROUGH HEART SURGERY BUT DR GABLEMAN GOT ME THROUGH IT. HE IS ONE OF THE KINDEST MOST CARING INDIVIDUALS I HAVE EVER MET IN HIS PROFESSION AND HE SHOWS BOTH COMPASSION ALONG WITH HUMOR TO MAKE A DIFFICULT SITUATION EASIER. I WISH THERE WERE MORE LIKE HIM HE IS A TREASURE IN THE MEDICAL PROFESSION.
Great bedside manner, taks his time to explain & be there for his patients. Wonderful reputation within the hospital setting & is highly recommended by his peers. Ask any nurse who they would recommend & they will tell you Dr. Gary Gabelman. He stays calm through a crisis, there to reassure you all the way. He also surrounds himself with the most qualified Doctors & staff.
On-Time Doctor Award (2009, 2015, 2017)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2017)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Castle Connolly Top Doctors: New York Metro Area (2017)
Castle Connolly Top Doctors: New York Metro Area™ are specialists and primary care physicians who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top physicians in the New York Metro Area who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2012)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
Dr. Gabelman is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
33 Years Experience
Mount Sinai School Of Medicine Of New York University
Graduated in 1985
Dr. Gary S Gabelman accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem CT HMO BlueCare
- Anthem PPO Century Preferred CT
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsPediatric Surgery, 688 Post Rd, Scarsdale, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Gary S Gabelman in this video.
Dr. Gary S Gabelman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Scarsdale, NY.