Dr. Gary Gossinger Is this you?

3.9

Have you seen Dr. Gary Gossinger?

Wonderful kind doctor and quiet calming office.

Posted on June 15th, 2017

Wil be very missed. Best doctor I've ever had.

Great doctor, awful office staff

Posted on February 8th, 2017

Cash or check only service, but Dr. G is very professional

Great Doctor. Friendly staff. Very helpful.

Posted on December 14th, 2015

This is an amazing practice with a very skilled and knowledgeable doctor and helpful and courteous office staff. I don't understand why there are so many negative reviews. Maybe it's because more people tend to feel compelled to write reviews when they had a negative over a positive experience? A lot of the negative reviews appear to be in regards to people having missed appointments or having to pay for missed appointments. I have never been to a doctor's office that did not charge for missed appointments or canceled appointments less than 24hrs in advance. The forms that I had to sign at Dr Gossinger's office explained the fees for missed or late canceled appointments upfront. Short appointments (as in 15min) are available for medication checks and new prescriptions but I found that I could easily make a longer appointment (such as 45min) if I was having an issue that I needed to discuss. It sounds like some people are upset because they make a 15min appointment and are then late for it and don't have much time with the doctor. I like this policy because then the people who arrive on time do not have their appointment times pushed back because somebody is late. I have 3 children and such a busy schedule that I don't have time to sit in a doctor's appointment for hours because somebody is late and still wants their same amount of time. The Dr reserves a set amount of time for each person and I really appreciate that I do not spend much time waiting for my appointment at this doctor's office because patients that are very late for their appointments are encouraged to reschedule. I have even seen the office staff offer to reschedule patients for the same day. During my appointment time I have found Dr Gossinger to be a great listener and to be very concerned with my health and welfare. I have always agreed with his diagnosis for me and recommendations. He is willing to make medication adjustments and changes if necessary. I find this to be a warm, friendly, and helpful office and I hope that Dr. Gossinger's patients that I frequently talk to in the waiting room and have only positive things to say about him consider writing reviews.

Formerpatient

Posted on November 23rd, 2015

Ava, his wife/secretary, is his worst problem. I used to see this doctor several years ago and by the recent reviews I've read, I see nothing has changed. This is the wordt medical practice you will encounter .

Posted on May 6th, 2015

This is the WORST practice that I have ever been to and I have been to many! They do not care at all about their patients. I called and literally begged for an appointment and Ava was rude. But of course, she is always rude. I have never in my life dealt with someone that is so rude. I called 1 time, once, to cancel an appointment because I had a true emergency with one of my children. When I called to reschedule the appointment she told me that I would have to pay a $50 cancellation fee. I paid the fee, but then she called me back and said that they no longer wanted to see me in their practice. Aside from her rudeness, whih is the # 1 issue for me there, all Dr. Gossinger does is sit down with you for 5 minutes with a prescription ad and rewrite all of the meds that you are on. He doesn't try to get to know you or see if there is a deeper issue.

Posted on January 4th, 2015

Have been a patient of his for about 4-5 years now.

Won't try again

Posted on December 16th, 2014

I tried to get in with this doctor over the summer when I was having severe problems. Due to a problem with my phone and my own brain fog stemming from depression, I missed the appointment. I called because I wasn't sure which day it was on and I had just missed it. The receptionist was so mad she said I could never make an appointment there again. I offered to PAY FULL PRICE for my missed session but she still wouldn't let me make an appointment. She acted like a mother hen protecting her precious doctor. But really she kept him from making money. I'm a college educated professional who really needed help this summer and to have a snotty receptionist act like I had committed some act so heinous that I could never get treatment, made me feel even worse. I don't know how good this doctor is or isn't. But I know if a doctor allows his office staff to treat patients or potential patients that way, he may lose business.

Posted on April 30th, 2014

Very caring and always answers calls. He is one of the best doctors I have ever gone to. I was so surprised by the reviews. I have a feeling there may be one upset patient who is having other people post negative reviews as well. I have talked to other patients in the waiting room and I have never come across someone who didn't love Dr. G.

Very superficial. A poor diagnostician.

Posted on April 11th, 2012

He spent a maximum of 5 minutes talking to me before deciding to change all of my meds. I found him to be very superficial, not interested in probing to find the cause of my problem, and quick to write a prescription and move on to the next patient. There are plenty of smart and caring docs in Gainesville, but Gossinger is not one of them. His practice is like the McDonald's of psychiatry.

Posted on August 27th, 2011

-I thought he was pretty excellent. He made me feel welcomed and comfortable.-He did not make me feel awkward about why I went there and I felt like I got the help I need.-The receptionist is a bit all over the place, but when I had problems with my insurance, she spent 3 hours calling everywhere to make sure my insurance covered my medication.

Stay Away

Posted on March 3rd, 2011

Very unprofessional and non caring for someone that is in his line of work. Plus there is always family members in his office when i go. He probably tells them stuff about his patients.

Posted on November 9th, 2010