Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Gary V Karakashian has the following 1 specialty
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
- Actinic Keratosis
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Skin Biopsy
- Basal Cell
- Acne Rosacea
- Skin Cancer
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 103
RUDE staff, Dr. didn't even bother to give me an exam. He asked me what I thought should be removed (freckles and moles) then basically told me every mole and freckle needed to be be removed. Had a biopsy done on my leg and was told the stitches would dissolve (they didn't and I removed them myself months later) I asked how many stitches I had and they said they didn't count and it didn't matter.
I have been to several dermatologist, and Dr. Karakashian is the BEST one among all of them. He spends time with you and explains what he is doing. I have had to have several moles removed and there is not even any indication that they were ever there. I have several scars from previous mole removals from other doctors. I recommend him without reservation.
Dr. Karakashian is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
34 Years Experience
Albany Medical College
Graduated in 1984
University Of Maryland Medical System
Dr. Gary V Karakashian accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER2
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- QualCare HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsGary V Karakashian Md, 107 Monmouth Rd Ste 108, West Long Branch, NJ
Dr. Gary V Karakashian is similar to the following 3 Doctors near West Long Branch, NJ.