Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent
Facts about coronary artery angioplasty with stent, including who needs it, risks involved, and what type of doctors perform the procedure.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- High Cholesterol Facts about high cholesterol, including risk factors for getting it.
- Obesity Facts about obesity, including causes, risks & doctors who treat it.
- Pulmonary Embolism Facts about pulmonary embolism, including symptoms and risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Gary L Conrad
Dr. Gary L Conrad, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Pasadena, CA, with another office in Arcadia, CA. He has 44 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease. Dr. Conrad is affiliated with Huntington Hospital and Methodist Hospital Southern Ca. Dr. Conrad has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Gary L Conrad has the following 1 specialty
- Cardiovascular Disease
Dr. Gary L Conrad has the following 13 expertise
- Heart Failure
- Heart Attack
- Unstable Angina
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- High Cholesterol
- Blood Clot
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Heart Block
- Heart Diseases
Dr. Gary L Conrad has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 11
I have had Dr. Conrad for over 15 years of-and-on. I found him very helpful initially. However, as of late he gas been extremely disappointing. Hard to make appointments. When I do he instructs me to call him back for lab results. He seldom returns calls even when I leave message after message. Seems he has patient overload or he no longer has the energy to follow up with his clients. I suffered a heart attack and still can barely get the time of day with him. I agree with the other revie: I think it's time that he retires. I'm in the process of selecting a new cardiologist because Dr. Conrad has no time for his patients anymore. Sad
Dr. Conrad made me feel comfortable, answered all my questions, called me on a Sat. morning, scheduled appointments for tests immediately, gave me the results just as fast, and has such a respectful manner towards patients that I can not imagine anyone could be better. I should add that he is brilliant.
I have been under Dr. Conrad's care for over 25 years -- off and on. I am currently one of his patients and I can't understand why no one has written a review of his practice. He has been "following" me for those 25 years since I have a congenital tricuspid valve malformation. He is friendly, and knows how to put a patient with worries at ease. He provides the facts of the situation and then informs me whether or not I should be "worrying" about it. VERY REASSURING! Unfortunately, I have had a multitude of "doctors" since having TWO bmt's -- and can tell anyone that Dr. Conrad is my favorite physician -- a label I only use for the VERY BEST -- others I call "doctor" and the worst I call "MSG's" for medical school graduates. If you have a cardiology problem this is the Cardiologist to see! (Of course, depending on the specifics.)
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Patients' Choice Award (2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Conrad is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
44 Years Experience
Johns Hopkins University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1974
Ucla Medical Center
Dr. Gary L Conrad accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Priority Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
- Blue Cross CA Vivity
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
- Humana Choice POS
LA Care Health
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Gary L Conrad in this video.
Dr. Gary L Conrad is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Pasadena, CA.