Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Gary L Fuchs has the following 2 specialties
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
- Pain Medicine
Dr. Gary L Fuchs has the following 3 expertise
- Acute Pain
- Chronic Pain
- Cancer Pain
Dr. Gary L Fuchs is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 14
I have never been treated so rudely and condescendingly by any physician. Dr. continually interrupted, changed my words, told me my other Dr's treatments were wrong, my medications were wrong. Had to listen t a litany of how he grew up in Brooklyn, NY and no one was as good as he was and how he worked for pennies in his current practice. Very hyper, no empathy, interrupted my appointment 3 timesto treat others, had me in tears almost the whole appointment, yelled at me, told me I was to "complex", etc. never will I go back even if I have to drive hours to someone else!
Dr. Fuchs has been my doctor for several years. He is a bit hard to get to knw at first. I have been to another pain doctor, and it seems to me that they see so many people who are "doctor shopping" and not real pain patients. So they ae a bit guarded at first. My recommendation is that you take any documentation that you may have about other therapies that have been tried and the types of problems that you have. That makes it a bit easier. Also, give him a few appointments to get to know you. You won't be dissappointed. He is very knowledgeable and compassionate.
26 Years Experience
Chicago Medical School At Rosalind Franklin University Of Medicine & Science
Graduated in 1992
Dr. Gary L Fuchs accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
Locations & DirectionsNorthern Michigan Pain Specialists, 1890 US Highway 131 Unit 1, Petoskey, MI
Dr. Gary L Fuchs is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Petoskey, MI.