Dr. Gary Last Is this you?

2.9

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Gary Last?

Waited over an hour

Posted on November 2nd, 2017

Not worth the wait

very disappointed patient

Posted on November 10th, 2016

i have seen dr last twice now his bed side manner is terrible he looked at my skin I have a rash that was swollen and itchey and raised and told me it was some chemical imbalance within my body an airborne allergy.he made no suggestions other than for me to continue on the meds previously prescribed by him and call him in 6 to 8 weeks I asked him many questions and he cut me off as if I was questioning his diagnosis, he was recommended very highly by another dr and I will not be going back to him again I got no comfort in his explaination, his front desk person was very rude no personality what so ever, it seemed like I was taking up too much of his valuable time with no results, I will have to find some other dr hopefully one that is truly patient and precise with a diagnosis and not just put me on more pills, he made no recommendation of maybe getting tested to see what might be causing this reaction.

Mrs.

Posted on November 3rd, 2016

I've been seeing Dr. Last for several years and he has taken care of my aging, sun damaged skin. He now seems like a special friend.

Nice guy, Good Doctor

Posted on September 2nd, 2015

I saw Dr. Last originally for an ugly wart on my knee, but ended up coming back for acne treatment. Been to him probably 7 times so far. I've been to two other derms in past and he was right in line with the same type of treatments, which I'm ok with. The wait time can range... I've waited anything from 2 minutes to 45 minutes.... but usually if you call before you can find out how long the wait will be. Early appointments seem to be less a wait. Some days you can tell he is rushed ... but others will spend extra time chatting. Always answers all my questions (even ones that have nothing to do with skin lol). I would say he is an overall nice guy/great doc and would refer a friend to him.

Posted on December 19th, 2014

Absolutely one of Connecticuts best dermatologists.

I think Dr Last has lost his patience and compassion

Posted on July 27th, 2014

Dr. Last was my dermatologist for a long time in the 80's, and he was a patient, kind doctor who took the time to answer my questions and explain my treatment. The only negative was that his office was always full, and the wait was about an hour. I switched to a different dermatologist, but I decided to go back to Dr. Last again. Well, he has changed! He was impatient and unwelcoming. I told him what meds my former dermatologist had me on, and he said that he does not use those meds in his practice. I was willing to try something new. But then he told me that I should go back to that dermatologist. Well, why did his office allow me to make an appointment with him as a new patient? What was I wasting my time for? One thing that hasn't changed is that very long wait in the waiting room. I will never return back to Dr. Last.

Posted on May 29th, 2014

This office is ridiculous and is always "closed" whether for lunch or whatever..They recommend you a time to call after and even after that time, no one is available to assist you.

First & Only visit

Posted on April 3rd, 2014

The staff behind the desks were very friendly and kind. However Dr. Last is a different story. He asked me about my caffeine/ alcohol intake & stress levels and wrote a prescription before I even got the chance to ask him anything. He just kept saying "try this and make a follow up." He looked at my skin from 4 feet away and that was it. I feel like a nuisance to him, like he had other things to do and I was holding him up. I will not be filling the prescription, and will see another doctor.

Dont bother!

Posted on February 19th, 2014

When I initially went to see Dr.Last I was leery about the distant treatment because he didn't really examine my condition he just looked from a distance and wrote me out a prescription. The second time I went to see him his office staff were discussing another patients situation very loudly that I could hear the conversation through the glass. After waiting about 35 minutes I was finally brought back into the examining room. Once again Dr. Last begins observing from a distance and proceeds to write me out another prescription and when I questioned other treatments he became very upset and belligerent yelling as if I had insulted him. In my opinion Dr.Last is very rude, disrespectful, and insensitive!

Excellent Dernatologist

Posted on November 12th, 2013

I had seen two Doctors,(one from UCONN) and two physician assistants and to no avail. I visited a herbal store and a pharmacist and no one could determine the rash that was on my neck, lip and on my eyelids. I was giving all sorts of medicines. I was unable to get an appointment with any dermatologist in CT until December. A friend recommended Dr Last who took me the next day sice I stated my eyelid was becoming very bad. He saw me and knew in 2 seconds that my rash was from hayfever!! He gave me prescription decongestants and I finally feel wonderful. The rash has not come back. I can finally sleep at night without the itchiness and my face and neck are all back to normal. I would highly recommend Dr. Last. His staff is also very friendly and professional!

Retired Ironworker

Posted on August 27th, 2013

As always I check on any doctor I go to and I did with Dr Last, although I had been to him years ago. After reading the reviews posted here, I wondered if he had changed. I am happy to say upon entering the office I was treated by a very friendly professional staff and saw the doctor almost immediately. He was very friendly, courteous, knowledgeable and treated my condition quickly. He also was a pleasure to talk with, as a matter of fact I felt like a made a new friend. I would reccommend him to my family and friends.

Continuing care

Posted on May 31st, 2013

I have seen Dr. Last for the past three years and could not be more pleased with this association. His examinations are thorough and he listens to my concerns. I'd strongly recommend him.