Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Gary Lum MD
Dr. Gary Lum, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Aurora, CO. He has 43 years of experience. His specialties include Nephrology and Pediatrics. Dr. Lum is affiliated with Children's Hospital Colorado on Anschutz Medical Campus, University of Colorado Hospital and The Children's Hospital. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Gary Lum has the following 2 specialties
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.
A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Gary Lum has the following 7 expertise
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Kidney Dialysis (Renal Dialysis)
- Kidney Disease
- Kidney Disease (Glomerulonephritis)
- Kidney Failure
- Kidney Failure (Chronic)
- Nephrotic Syndrome
Dr. Lum is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Children's Hospital Colorado on Anschutz Medical Campus
University of Colorado Hospital
The Children's Hospital
43 Years Experience
Wake Forest University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1970
University Of Colorado Health
Dr. Gary Lum Accepts the Following Insurance
- We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information. Please call Dr. Gary Lum's office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsChildren's Hospital Colorado on Anschutz Medical Campus, 13123 E 16th Ave, Aurora, CO
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Gary Lum, MD - Nephrology in Aurora, CO, in this video.
Dr. Gary Lum is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Aurora, CO.