Dr. Gary R Margolies Is this you?

3.2

Have you seen Dr. Gary R Margolies?

Poorly Organized.

He was not even concerned with finding out what was wrong with me, It took my primary physician to figure it out. He also continued to up my dose of neurontin without considering other possible treatments .

Writing for my mother

My mother has been bounced around to several doctors and never had anyone explain everything. He took the to explain everything from all my diagnosis, lab results and it was in terms we both understood! KUDOS to this doctor who took the time to explain everything. I feel we have a much better understanding on my mother's heath care and would highly recommend this doctor. His nurse is very knowledgable and staff nice. If you need a Rheumatolgist then this is the one! He is a very good teacher!

Fibromyalgia does exist

I have seen this Dr several times now over the past 2 years and I am still in severe pain. He says people don't really need to exercise just eat better. Even though I am in so much pain, I know better. He is always in a rush and does not listen to what I say. At last visit I tried to tell him I have had a terrible pain in my lower back which has been cray ed by my FED and no breaks. All Dr. Margolies said was, "we can remove your coccyx". Really? I am in severe pain and you are wanting to do surgery to remove my tailbone before trying anything else? I can barely move! He tried to tell me I was on a maximum dose of one of my 2 med he prescribes me, which is not maxed out on either one. And they are not working. Then he says I will see you in 6 months and leaves. And now he has canceled that app and I can not get another app for another 3 months. I would NEVER recommend him!

good experience

I found that the office was accessible. Staff pleasant.I had a great outcome from my visit as someone finally was able ot diagnosis me with lupus. I have been on medication and stable. The inital medication side effects were awful and the office responded right away to my phone call. I apprecaite an office that can listen to me and call me right back! Glad my referring doctor sent me!

this doctor makes dealing with RA worse

I went to the Arthritis Center of Lexington hoping to achieve some pain relieve and to understand what was happening to my body. I ended up with little pain relief and acquired no understanding. Dr. Margolies does not care, he is there to prescribe you a pill and move on. Multiple times he has opened the door to leave while I am still talking! He has never tried to explain what RA really is doing to my body and has never discussed any other symptoms that I may have due to RA. I have had to go to my family doctor over multiple issues and his comment was "this is because of your RA, did your rheumatologist not explain any of this to you?" My pain is not any better than it was a year ago, the only difference now is that I have terrible medication they call prednisone. In addition I was put to tears by one of the nurses just last week for asking about a prescription. Anything I know about RA and any plans that I have tried to discuss are because of me and my research and my questions and comments, he offers nothing. I am a young mother of three and have thick skin and I have never felt so insignificant and more of a bother than when I go to see Dr. Margolies. I absolutely DO NOT RECOMMEND!

Smart dr. on the ball

I appreciate this MD. He took time with me and my family to talk about the options for treatment of my disease. He answered all of my questions and provided me with pamphlets,etc. He was very helpful in helping me get assistance for my medication. This was a great fit for me.

The Dr. asked me questions and was then rude when I answered them. Treated me as though I didn't know anything and was wasting his time.

Not very thorough

Lupus, I have lupus!

I went to Dr. Margolies the first time and thought he was going to really figure out what is wrong with me. He took my blood and during the second trip stated that he could not find anything wrong with me and to take aleve or some type of aspirin and he will see me in a couple of month. My joints were in pain and my elbow swollen with fluid. He walked out while I was still asking questions. My husband who deals with client all day stated that he could not believe how rude he was and to never go back to him again. I was extremely disappointed. However, another Rheumatologist just down Harrodsburg Rd knows what he is doing, 5 months later I found that I had a mild case of lupus with a high sign of Sjogren's. He is a Rheumat and that was his job to find out what was wrong with me, not just shrug my shoulders and walk out.

Clearly lets what kind of day he has get in the way of treating his patients.

unpleasant experience

This dr. never listens to what I have to say.