Dr. Gary A Merrill Is this you?

2.6

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Gary A Merrill?

My three children have been seen by Dr. Merrill for many years. I appreciate the friendly and relaxed atmosphere , Dr. Merrill has always been professional and accurate in his initial care and follow up, even to a point of contacting urgent cares that I visited to ensure proper follow up care. The staff remembers and makes my boys feel comfortable and the Dr. Merrill has a professional and care manner and able to adjust to vast age difference to make them understand (elementary level to high school level) and special needs.

I have brought my children to Dr. Merrill for many years. When I read the other reviews, I wonder if are talking about the same Dr. When my children are sick I can always get them in the same day, and for his staff they are more than professional and understanding. As for the equiptment things or location do not make the Dr. If you want a good Dr. Call and make an appointment, you'll get in same day, try that in a clinic.

Criticism should not be anonymous

I find myself astounded by the unprofessional and FAR from Christian service this office provides. My children were patients here for years and today was told for "undisclosed" reasons I would have to find a new dr for my disabled daughter. I asked for a reason and asked them to clarify for me. I specifically said " I'm confused, are we talking about just for this occurrence or are we talking about on an on going basis?" She then again regurgitated you will have to find a new Dr.. Still looking for clarification I asked "Are we talking about today or permanently?" She then said I answered you. I asked "Then can you please give me a yes or a no? Am I looking for a new Dr permanently or do you just want me to see someone else for this occurrence"? She defensively REFUSED to answer a very simple yes or a no question and I can't understand why. She then told me she was not going to answer and is ending this call. I've heard other really weird stories about this office but I never believed them until today. There's something seriously fishy about this Dr's office and would highly recommend staying far away.

very unprofessional

By far the worst dr. He critized me for having a nose piercing and having a tatto on the back of my neck. He also lifted up 4 year old sons shirt numerous times after asked not to and said he is overweight. As a parent I thought that was a bit to much. Dr. Merill said you are not the one with a PHD are you in denial that your son is overweight. Then says his weight is average but height is the issue, if he was taller he would be skinner. Very unprofessional.

Place is a little out of date with all the equipment in the office. They tell you must be dressed in a certian way when you come to the office.Clean office though, it is in a scary part of town. Wait was over an hour, and with a toddler we all know that can be difficult. Dr was nice and introduced himself. He does to tend to talk a little more than you would like. He doesnt give you much time to talk or explain some things. He did keep on saying my child was overweight, and i explained that she doesnt eat any greasy foods, she eats healthy and said well if she did she wouldnt be having this problem. So i would recommend you have her stay off of juice, and from snacking so much. I thought it was rude.

Would not recommend

He and his staff discriminate.I've never felt so uncomfortable in my life. If he's trying to promote god he's going about it wrong in my opinion. Your suppose to love others and be welcoming weather or not they have a tattoo or Piercing weather or not u approve of the way they dress. Dr.Merrill needs to realize GOD loves and would not want a" Christian" make another person feel uncomfortable or bad about themselves.

Dr. Merrill will not allow a patient who's parents have visible tattoo's or is wearing a hat. He also doesn't allow patients who come from split homes. Him and his staff complain about past patients in front of patients waiting in the waiting room which I found very unprofessional. I'm very disappointed with the service we received at his office.