Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Gary E Michael has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
I was crying in pain and had tremendous swelling in my feet and legs , also sever flare up of copal tunnel syndrome and was refused an appt .over a past due bill . I had to embarrass myself begging family to borrow the payment to be seen . my last visit lasted minutes after a minute wait . the front desk workers are rude and I would not recommend this clinic to my worst enemy .
It was bad enough that it took 45 mins to get through to an actual person before i could even make an appointment because i was on hold because the operator was currently busy and i was on long distance, then when i get there i have to wait 45 mins before getting to see the Dr. and watch why i didnt get through on the phones to start with noone was answering the phones. That was really upsetting to say the least. Then i get back to the area where my vitals are done weight, etc and then i am put in the room where i wait another 30 mins, i mean really.. meanwhile i feel like someone has really done a number on my body i am aching all over and i really do not feel like sitting around in a Dr.s office and freezeing. well that is my experience it didnt get much better from there you will see my ratings. And also whomever reads this the free medication that they are suppose to give from the pharmacy access program is not suppose to cost us anything by the way, if the pharmacy companies found out they were charging us a fee for the "Free" medications they would shut them down so you need to mention that to them the next time they try to charge you for your medication. That is just greed and i am going elsewhere. i found this out from another clinic that has the program.. just saying..
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
31 Years Experience
Philadelphia College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1987
Sacred Heart Health System
Dr. Gary E Michael accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 2
- Coventry - Southside Tier 2
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Gary E Michael is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Kingsport, TN.