Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Gary M Minkiewicz MD
Dr. Gary M Minkiewicz, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Gainesville, GA, with another office in Gainesville, GA. He has 41 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. He speaks English.
Dr. Gary M Minkiewicz has 2 locations
200 S Enota Dr NE Ste 200
Gainesville, GA 30501
Book Online Now
Dr. Gary M Minkiewicz has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Gary M Minkiewicz has the following 16 expertise
- Stress Testing
- Heart Diseases
- Blood Clot
- High Cholesterol
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Failure
- Heart Block
- Unstable Angina
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Clinical Research
- Heart Attack
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
Dr. Gary M Minkiewicz is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
Self-verified patient of Dr. Gary M Minkiewicz - Posted on July 17th, 2018
Self-verified patient of Dr. Gary M Minkiewicz - Posted on July 22nd, 2016
41 Years Experience
University Of Rochester School Of Medicine And Dentistry
Graduated in 1977
University Hospital Ucsd
Dr. Gary M Minkiewicz Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Open Access POS Alternate Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice HMO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- BCBS GA BlueChoice Option POS
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry CoventryOne - GA
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Gary M Minkiewicz
Dr. Minkiewicz graduated from Hamilton College and received his medical degree from the University of Rochester. He completed his internal medicine residency at the University of California, San Diego and his cardiology fellowship at the University of Colorado in Denver. Board-certified in Internal Medicine, Cardiology, and Nuclear Cardiology, he is a Fellow of the American College of Cardiology. He has served as an assistant clinical professor of medicine at the UCLA School of Medicine and is past president of the Ventura County chapter of the American Heart Association. He has served as a board member of the California Affiliate of the American Heart Association and as director of the Cardiac Catheterization Lab at Community Memorial Hospital in Ventura, California. Prior to joining the practice, Dr. Minkiewicz was a member of the New England Heart Institute in Manchester, New Hampshire. He finds time to play blues and jazz guitar, and he and his wife, Maggie, enjoy field training and showing their flat-coated retrievers.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Gary M Minkiewicz, MD - Cardiovascular Disease in Gainesville, GA, in this video.
Dr. Gary M Minkiewicz is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Gainesville, GA.