Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Gary J Misko Jr MD
Dr. Gary J Misko Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Metuchen, NJ. He has 24 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Misko is affiliated with Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital at Hamilton and St Peters University Hospital. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Gary J Misko Jr has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Gary J Misko Jr has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 9
Self-verified patient of Dr. Gary J Misko Jr - Posted on August 6th, 2018
I have been going to Dr. Misko for over 20 yrs. I find him very knowledgeable. He ALWAYS listens to you and never rushes you. He is very professional but also quite down to earth. He explains his findings and listens to your ideas. I have recommened him to family members and highly recommend him as an internal medicine dr.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Gary J Misko Jr - Posted on February 9th, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Gary J Misko Jr - Posted on July 25th, 2014
Self-verified patient of Dr. Gary J Misko Jr - Posted on July 17th, 2012
Procedures done at this office are limited to blood lab work and urine-analysis. A interchangeable group of nurse practitioners may see you on any given day. Their level of diagnostic and clinical skill can range excellent" to "sub-standard". Unfortunately the excellent ones do not stay very long. VERY sub-standard followup from specialists, even if they make the referral. Apparently ONLY Dr. Misko reads the actual medical chart. Standard procedures expected in Internal medicine such as EKG, Digital Prostrate exam, complete physical, etc are NOT done.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Gary J Misko Jr - Posted on April 25th, 2010
Patients' Choice Award (2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Misko is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
24 Years Experience
University Of Medicine And Dentistry Of New Jersey Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
Graduated in 1994
Dr. Gary J Misko Jr Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER1
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- QualCare HMO
- QualCare PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsPEMCARE, 267 Central Ave, Metuchen, NJ
Dr. Gary J Misko Jr is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Metuchen, NJ.