- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Gary A Newman MD
Dr. Gary A Newman has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Gary A Newman has the following 11 expertise
- Gastrointestinal Hemorrhage
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Celiac Disease
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Abdominal Pain
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
Showing 2 of 2
Self-verified patient of Dr. Gary A Newman - Posted on November 16th, 2018
Last year at this time I was sick as a dog. Dr. Newman said I needed to change my diet and ordered extensive testing and a scope exam. As I was/am only in my 30s, I felt unsure. However, the new diet was life-changing and the scope found a large polyp which apparently could not have waited. It's a year later, I'm feeling great and I am so incredibly thankful to Dr. Newman for giving me back my quality of life and my life!!!
Dr. Gary Newman, The Greatest
Self-verified patient of Dr. Gary A Newman - Posted on October 3rd, 2011
I have had two appointments with Dr. Newman and have not had to wait more than five minutes to see him. He is very professional and caring and goes out of his way to do right by his patients. My husband is also a patient of his and he never has to wait more than five minutes to see Dr. Newman either.Dr. Newman is the greatest.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2016, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
40 Years Experience
University Of Pennsylvania School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1979
Dr. Gary A Newman Accepts the Following Insurance
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital Blue Cross
- Capital BC PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- IBC Keystone HMO POS
- IBC Personal Choice PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Gary A Newman
Dr. Newman attended Tufts College in Medford Massachusetts, graduating in 1975, Summa cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa, and the recipient of the Biology and Chemistry prizes. He attended medical school at the University of Pennsylvania and was elected to Alpha Omega Alpha, the medical honor society. He did his internship and residency at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania and in 1983 went on to a fellowship in gastroenterology and hepatology at Yale in New Haven, Connecticut.
Locations & DirectionsMAIL LINE GASTROENTEROLOGY ASSOCIATES, 100 E Lancaster Ave Ste 252, Wynnewood, PA
Dr. Gary A Newman is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Wynnewood, PA.