Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Gary P Gross has the following 1 specialty
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
- Skin Cancer
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Skin Biopsy
- Actinic Keratosis
- Acne Rosacea
- Basal Cell
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 26
I went to see him about a rash. He spent less than 5 minutes with me. He previously did a test for impetigo. I told him there was worse in my nose and he gave me yet another RX for a useless ointment(that a dr said should not be used on the face). He also diagnosed me with Rosacea and told me I would have to learn to live with it. I was sitting there in severe pain with my skin burning and my eyes practically swollen shut. I saw another doctor that told me it wasn't Rosacea and he didn't know what it is, I am currently seeing a dr at UVA for what may be a skin infection.
He's the worst skin doctor ever I would never recommend anyone to this man. He doesn't care about what you have to say to him or anything. He tries to get you out fast and the appointment to see him will be a month later. I just wanted to cry. He should be FIRED!
Dr Gross nearly always has a student, or once, his son, with him for appointments. He seems much more interested in interacting with them than doing exam. Strike one was when I pointed out a spot on the edge of a place on my nose where I had a basal cell cancer removed previously. He glanced at it and said it was nothing. I came back the next year and again pointed out the spot. He did a biopsy and it was basal cell returning. I had to have extensive surgery to remove it. It would have been much better if he had listened the first time. Strike two - for two years in a row I asked him about a spot on my back. The first time he gave me some cortisone, the second time he said it was probably just a keratosis. I have moved and my new dermatologist took one look at the spot on my back and said it needed to be biopsies. Turns out to be squamous cell carcinoma. So it has been growing for 3 year s thanks to Dr Gross's two second glance and being too busy talking to whoever is with him. The man shouldn't be practicing medicine.
I went to Dr. Gross with some suspicious growths. He entered with a nurse and a medical student who he was obviously trying to impress. He asked why I was there and I showed him the first area of concern. He glanced at it briefly and said, "That's nothing" and started out the door. I stopped him and showed him the mole that another doctor had advised me to have checked out. He gave it a glance and said, "Oh, that's nothing" and started out the door again. I said, "Wait a minute, Dr. Gross. I have one other mole that has changed colors and itches." Again he glanced at it and said, "it's nothing but I can take it off if you want". He never did a body check or spent over 5 minutes in the examining room with me. I don't know if he was trying to impress the med student or was late for a tee time, but he had no interest at all in me. I will not be going back.
42 Years Experience
University Of Virginia School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1976
University Of Virginia Health System
Dr. Gary P Gross accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 2
- Coventry - Southside Tier 2
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Optima Health OptimaFit Direct HMO
- Optima Vantage HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMarc Denton Stam MD, 1802 Braeburn Dr, Salem, VA
Dr. Gary P Gross is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Salem, VA.