Get the facts about bowel incontinence, including the causes and who is most at risk of developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Gary R Goodman
Dr. Gary R Goodman, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Southfield, MI. He has 44 years of experience. His specialties include Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery) and Vascular Surgery. He speaks English.
Dr. Gary R Goodman has the following 2 specialties
- Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery)
- Vascular Surgery
Vascular surgeons treat and manage disorders in your veins, arteries and your lymphatic system to ensure blood circulation in your heart and in brain is the best it can be. They're well-versed on how your vascular system works with the rest of your body and they can treat conditions that may cause blockages or buildup.
They can perform many of the same diagnostic testing as interventional radiologists can, such as angiography and MRIs. In addition to diagnosis, they provide critical care and treatment for aneurysms, artery blockages and trauma injuries that involve your veins. They can also help patients manage diabetes, blood pressure and cholesterol as well as treat artery disease. Treatment for more serious cases might include bypass surgery or surgery to remove plaque.
- Varicose Veins
- Diabetes Complications
- Vascular Malformations
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
Dr. Goodman was very clear and concise in what he had to do when he performed the surgery. He explained everything and also made my family understand the surgery after it was performed. He is the best at this with the highest credentials and most experience. He will be a tremendous loss to the medical community when he decides to retire.
I cannot express my thoughts about what a fine job Dr. Goodman did when I had my quadruple bypass surgery. Not only did he take the time to explain how things would proceed, but he took the time to explain to my family how the surgery went. He did this after being in the operating room for nearly 10 hours.
44 Years Experience
University Of Nebraska College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1974
Jackson Health System
Dr. Gary R Goodman accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsCardiac Surgery Institute Pc, 22250 Providence Dr Ste 204, Southfield, MI
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Gary R Goodman in this video.
Dr. Gary R Goodman is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Southfield, MI.