Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Gary L Reed
Dr. Gary L Reed, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Phoenix, AZ. He has 35 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Reed is affiliated with Abrazo Scottsdale Campus and Honorhealth Deer Valley Medical Center. Dr. Reed has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Gary L Reed has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Gary L Reed has the following 7 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Gary L Reed has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 22
I have seen him for years but the last few he seem off. He always prescribes the same thing every time I see him. He also talks about anything but getting you better. Stupid stuff no other Dr. has ever talked about. He is past his prime and should retire. His staff is awesome and the only reason I stayed as long as I did.
Dr. Reed prescribed me a dangerous medication that should have NEVER been prescribed to someone with Mitral Valve Prolapse. After seeing several other doctors, all of them unanimously agreed that Dr. Reed should have never given me the medication that he did and it could have caused big problems for me. Because of him, I had intense heart palpitations and how have a giant hospital bill and doctor bills I have to pay for. I would never recommend ANYONE to Dr. Reed's office. He didn't listen to me and believes that he knows everything about everything when truthfully, he's an older doc that needs to brush up on his skill.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Reed is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
35 Years Experience
Kirksville College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1983
John C Lincoln Hospital
Dr. Gary L Reed accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of AZ
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net AZ PPO HSA
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsThunderbird Family And Industrial Physicians Pc, 14045 N 7th St Ste 1, Phoenix, AZ
Dr. Gary L Reed is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Phoenix, AZ.