Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Gary Small
Dr. Gary Small, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Santa Monica, CA, with other offices in Los Angeles, CA and Los Angeles, CA (and 3 other locations). He has 36 years of experience. His specialties include Psychiatry. Dr. Small is affiliated with UCLA Neuropsychiatric Institute & Hospital, Santa Monica - UCLA Medical Center and University of California - Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Gary Small has the following 1 specialty
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Gary Small has the following 14 expertise
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Anxiety Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Cognition Disorders
- Dementia Related Behavioral Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Memory Disorders
- Parkinson Disease
- Sleep Disorders
- Vascular Dementia
Dr. Gary Small is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
Dr. Small is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
UCLA Neuropsychiatric Institute & Hospital
Santa Monica - UCLA Medical Center
University of California - Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center
UCLA Medical Center
Stewart and Lynda Resnick Neuropsychiatric Hospital at UCLA
36 Years Experience
University of Southern California
Graduated in 1977
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Gary Small in this video.
Dr. Gary Small is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Santa Monica, CA.