Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Gary D Solomon has the following 1 specialty
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
Dr. Gary D Solomon has the following 21 expertise
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Nerve Damage
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Surgery Recovery
- EMG/Nerve Conduction Studies
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Neck Pain
- Spinal Injuries
- Brain Injuries
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Spinal Cord Diseases
- Chronic Pain
- Back Pain
- Muscle Spasticity
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Sports Medicine
Dr. Gary D Solomon has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Gary D Solomon is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 21
I should start that I just do not get the value of a physiatrist. This Dr. did minimal examination. He dismissed my symptoms and interested in what was convenient for him. He is not interested in what is wrong. Total my experience, but I do not think he is dismissive of women and pains. I also realize he relies on Norwalk Hospital services to fill in his weaknesses. He wanted PT at Norwalk Hosp. But they never returned calls. He said it was better for him because he could talk to them. He want other services done at Norwalk because it was more convenient for him. I think he does not know what he is doing and leans on professionals at the hospital to fill his lack of knowledge. I went to an orthopedic surgeon that I later found, who identify a dislocation, which could easily be seen if Solomon had actually dome a proper examination.
i couldn't disagree more with the previous review. I have been a patient for nearly ten years and have always found Dr. Solomon to be one of the most thorough and caring doctors I have ever known. He tries as many solutions as a patient is willing to engage in, but is also pragmatic when it comes to relieving pain. He is also excellent at consistently fast follow-up. Highly recommended for joint pain and osteoporosis-related issues.
likes to talk about himself and waffles on what's going on with you. when suggesting treatments that have long-term side effects (such as marcaine injections into trigger points,) he is dismissive, not wanting to engage in any kind of real dialog about tradeoffs. Would not recommend; had to use him for workers comp.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
31 Years Experience
Tufts University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1987
New England Medical Center
Dr. Gary D Solomon accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna CT AWH MC OA w/Pediatric Dental
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem CT HMO BlueCare
- Anthem CT Pathway X Enhanced Ind HMO
- Anthem PPO Century Preferred CT
- Anthem Pathway X Ind PPO Direct Access CT
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Connecticare Passage
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsRehabilitation Consultants, 698 West Ave, Norwalk, CT
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Gary D Solomon in this video.
Dr. Gary D Solomon is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Norwalk, CT.