Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Gary F Swann has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Birth Control
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Pap Smear
- Menstrual Pain
- Hot Flashes
- Pelvic Exam
- Child Birth
- Women's Health
Showing 5 of 42
I have been with dr.swann and his office since I was a teenage girl.. he helped me tremendously though my first pregnancy, very compassionate and understanding. I did not have an easy pregnancy I was very sick and had high blood pressure but, he took care of me and my unborn child very good. he did everything to make sure we were going to be ok. When I was exactly 38 weeks I called this man at 6 a.m and told him my head was pounding ( sign of elevated blood pressure) I was in his office as soon as it opened, and my blood pressure was so high I had to deliver that day, c-section of course because my son was not dropped into the birth canal, so he had to reschedule his office appointment to do my emergency c setion... I had complications after my c section (hemorrhage) which he had to stay in the hospital and take care of, while he was helping me he stayed in my room by my side the whole time!!! He was with me from basically 6 am til 6 pm in the evening, if that's not a good doctor to you people then you dont deserve to go to his office. He is great and I will forever be thankful for him!
o not use this Dr! He has no compassion for his patients or your unborn child! when I called him crying and scared that I was having a miscarriage he acted completely uninterested and was super nonchalant about the whole thing like "hmm your bleeding? That's not good, I guess you should go to the ER" during that convo he was more concerned telling me over and over (lying I might add) about how he DID call me back the night before when I was crying in pain at midnight! Trust me I was laying right near my phone waiting for it to ring! Maybe some people are ok with a Dr. who acts like that but I assure you I am not! After that phone call with him (the morning after the cramps and pain) I immediately found a new Dr. She help comfort and console me over the phone and actually explained things to me...asked me if I had any questions and set up an apt for me to come in and get checked out ect. I really just felt like another paycheck to Gary Swann and I don't feel that with my new Dr! I'm so glad to have switched
Don't trust Dr.Gary swan he showed up to the hospital a hr. Late assault me and put my wife and unborn child in harms way he is no good I wouldn't let him take care of a dog let alone the one I love he abandoned my wife she was all prepared for c. Sec. And had to get up and find another Dr. The same day to help her and deliver our baby the next day .....
Dr. Swann is arrogant and rude, very unprofessional. Always had to wait well over 30 minutes just in the waiting room not including having to sit and wait in the exam room. As a registered nurse myself this is unacceptable I can see once or twice but this is every appointment! I switched Drs halfway through my pregnancy and when I told him that was my decision he just stood up and walked out my exam room without saying a word or listening to anything I had to say so just very unprofessional can't even take contstructice criticism!
If it wasn't for him I would have never thought about having my second child. Had c-sections with both my girls and he was amazing! You can barely tell I was ever cut. Staff is amazing also......always was takken back before my appointment time and most often I was leaving before my appointment time. Always answered my questions. He even cut the cord a bit longer with both my girls so my Husband could "cut the cord"! I would refer Dr. Swann and his staff to anyone looking for a doctor in this area.
Dr. Swann is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
34 Years Experience
West Virginia University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1984
Dr. Gary F Swann accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Health Network Option Open Access
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- Buckeye Ambetter Balanced
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
FrontPath Health Coalition
- FrontPath Health Coalition
- HAP Preferred PPO
- HealthSpan Access PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Medical Mutual of Ohio
- MMOH SuperMed POS Select
- MMOH SuperMed PPO Plus
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Paramount HMO Ohio
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsGary F Swann Do, 959 Illinois Ave Ste E, Maumee, OH
Dr. Gary F Swann is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Maumee, OH.