Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Gary W Frick
Dr. Gary W Frick, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Port Orange, FL, with other offices in New Smyrna Beach, FL and Port Orange, FL . He has 26 years of experience. His specialties include Psychiatry and Neurology. Dr. Frick is affiliated with St Vincents Medical Center Riverside and Baptist Medical Center Beaches. He speaks English.
Dr. Gary W Frick has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Mood Disorders
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Depressive Disorder
- Personality Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Binge Eating Disorder
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sleep Disorders
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 56
I have been a patient of Dr. Frick for over 3 years, and scheduling is a mess! The staff is RUDE ! I had to reschedule an appointment and made another appointment further out and was told to call to see if there was any cancellations to get in sooner. I called to check if there was any earlier appointments and verified the other appointment I had that was upcoming and it was not is the system at all.(This is not the first time that has happened!) So here again I cannot get into see Dr. Frick and I will be out of medication. I have worked at other medical facilities referred patients to their office over time and family members. Overall, the staff simply does not care and does not want to work with their patients. I have private insurance so I know they are making money off of my visit. Finding a good provider is a business and it comes down to money and customer service which this practice has neither of these qualities!
The physician himself is pretty good but I would never return to his office due to his terrible staff. The lady whom I believe is their 'manager' is down right rude and condescending. I have never been talked to so poorly by any physicians office. I hope the Dr. is aware of how unbelievably rude and incompetent his staff is.
Dr. Frick is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
26 Years Experience
University Of Miami Leonard M Miller School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1992
Dr. Gary W Frick accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Gary W Frick in this video.
Dr. Gary W Frick is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Port Orange, FL.