Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Gary S Wand has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Pituitary Diseases
- Adrenal Cortex Cancer
- Cushing Syndrome
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Adrenal Gland Diseases
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Cushing Disease
- Gland Issues
- Addison Disease
Showing 5 of 8
Dr Wand saved my wife's life. We had been to six endocrinologists and we were positive she had Addison's disease. They all failed her. Dr Wand took one look at her blood work and at her and said "you're going to be fine now. I'm sorry my profession has let you down but I won't." He is my hero. Thank you, Dr. Wand. Bless you. Bless you.
Dr. Wand seems very unsensitive and does not have a very warm, friendly personality. Very uncomfortable in office visits. Has never called ME at home to see how I was doing. Doesn't listen very well, or communicate to you any of his thoughts. Not pleased, only see him because his reputation for being very good at what he does.
Dr. Wand is a great doctor. He knows how to listen and takes time to answer questions. His nurse, Rita is also outstanding.
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
38 Years Experience
George Washington University School Of Medicine And Health Sciences
Graduated in 1980
Dr. Gary S Wand accepts the following insurance providers.
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- PHCS PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsJohns Hopkins Hospital, 1800 Orleans St, Baltimore, MD
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Gary S Wand in this video.
Dr. Gary S Wand is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Baltimore, MD.