Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Gary F Willen
Dr. Gary F Willen, MD is a Doctor primarily located in South Lake Tahoe, CA, with another office in Carson City, NV. He has 43 years of experience. His specialties include Obstetrics & Gynecology. Dr. Willen is affiliated with Sierra Surgery Hospital and Carson Tahoe Regional Medical Center. Dr. Willen has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Gary F Willen has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Child Birth
- Pelvic Exam
- Hot Flashes
- Menstrual Pain
- Women's Health
- Pap Smear
- Birth Control
- Weight Loss
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 12
Dr. Willen took me on as a patient after having so many complications from a hysterectomy that another doctor performed on me a couple of months prior. I was desperate for help and he took me right, figured out several of my problems with in 10 minutes of talking to him. He was able to greatly improve my quality of life with one simple little procedure and has continued to take care of me since. I consider my previous complications a blessing in disguise considering they brought me to Dr. Willen in the end.
if you want a doctor who listens to you and wants your voice heard, don't go to willen. he thinks he is a god who can't do wrong. he won't take time to hear what you have to say or even read your records when they are right in there for him to reseach. my last visit was a follow up for a surgery. he wouldn't even begin to think that the surgery wasn't successful. he just wanted me to take a durg that i tried to tell him wouldn't be good for me. he then just basicly tried to force it anyhow, saying "this ones on me" like I was some charty case. had another issue that i need addressed at that visit, about a medication i had been taking for 15 years. when i asked if he was going to refill, his reply was "you can't keep taking that because of a surgery you just had" it was evident he had no idea whatsoever what i was taking the med for or for how long. He just didn't what to bother to take the time to invest in me a long term patient. i was just another number to him. no compassion, no caring. what a cold cold man.... If this is what you want in a doctor go for it, I surly don't, willen is fired in my book!!!
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2010, 2009, 2008)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Willen is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
43 Years Experience
Albany Medical College
Graduated in 1975
Jackson Health System
Dr. Gary F Willen accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HMO Nevada
- Anthem NV Choice PPO
- Anthem NV Pathway X HMO Ind Direct Access
- Anthem PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- First Health PPO
Health Plan of Nevada
- Health Plan of NV HMO Rural NV
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Prominence Health Plan
- Prominence N NV - HealthFirst HMO/POS Network Employer
- Prominence N NV - Premier HMO Employer
- Prominence N Nevada - Preferred Healthcare PPO Employer
- Sierra Health Northern Nevada PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Gary F Willen in this video.
Dr. Gary F Willen is similar to the following 0 Doctors near South Lake Tahoe, CA.