Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at email@example.com if you have any additional information.
Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Gaston Blom
Dr. Gaston Blom, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Brookline, MA, with other offices in Brookline, MA and Brookline, MA . He has 69 years of experience. His specialties include Psychiatry. Dr. Blom is affiliated with Caritas St. Elizabeth's Medical Center, Carney Hospital and St Elizabeths Med Ctr, Brighton, Ma. He speaks English.
Dr. Gaston Blom has the following 1 specialty
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Gaston Blom has the following 7 expertise
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Dr. Gaston Blom is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Dr. Blom is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Caritas St. Elizabeth's Medical Center
St Elizabeths Med Ctr, Brighton, Ma
Charles River Hospital
St Elizabeths Medical Center- A Caritas Family Hos
South Shore Mental Health Ctr.
St. Elizabeth`s Medical Ctr of Boston
69 Years Experience
Graduated in 1944
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Gaston Blom is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Brookline, MA.