Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Gauri V Radkar
Dr. Gauri V Radkar, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Norfolk, VA. She has 21 years of experience. Her specialties include Hematology & Oncology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Radkar is affiliated with Inova Loudoun Hospital, Sentara Leigh Hospital and Sentara Norfolk General Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Gauri V Radkar has the following 2 specialties
- Hematology & Oncology
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Hepatitis C
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Blood Cancer
Showing 5 of 10
First appointment 3/2016. After an extremely long wait (4 hrs) initial visit Dr. Radkar was very abrupt and seemed to push us through the visit. Patient is on oxygen the office never offered to put the patient on the office oxygen. Our questions were dismissed and one treatment plan was pushed without any explanation or other options discussed. In follow up, appointments have been made but then attempted to be rescheduled by office staff without reason. Wait time on follow up appointments is also very long. Also, when patient has a change in condition it seems that the doctor is not being advised by the nursing staff. In all the care is sloppy, incompetent, and sub par. I would caution any one on Medicaid or with a patient that an advocate can not attend appointment with. Handicap parking is also an issue as it is very far from the building.
Dr. Radkar is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
21 Years Experience
Kirksville College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1997
Dr. Gauri V Radkar accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 2
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Optima Health OptimaFit Direct HMO
- Optima Vantage HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsVirginia Oncology Associates Pc, 5900 Lake Wright Dr Ste 300, Norfolk, VA
Dr. Gauri V Radkar is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Norfolk, VA.