More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Gayathri S Rao has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Gayathri S Rao has the following 6 expertise
- Adolescent Medicine
- Pediatric Diabetes
Dr. Gayathri S Rao has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 15
As a first time mother I wasnt sure what to expect from my pediatrician. Turns out I shouldnt have expected anything from Upper Providence Pediatrics. I have been a mother for two minutes and have more instinct and understanding of what is going on with my baby than Dr. Rao. I have been to two specialists that wanted to know who my pediatrician is because they couldnt believe that I didnt get him in to see them earlier. First was the ENT. They wanted to know why we waited 10 ear infections in 5 months to bring him. Dr. Rao told me not to but I made the appointment anyway. The allergist laughed when I told him that Dr. Rao said that he probably has seasonal allergies. A 10 month old cant develop seasonal allergies that early. I kept on bringing in my baby for 6 weeks saying he isnt getting better and I am worried. Is there something that you are missing? Once again Dr. Rao assured me not to worry about it because its probably season allergies. He was coughing and wheezing so bad that it was causing him to vomit in the middle of the night. The allergist diagnosed him with asthma. My baby could have died and you are telling me not to worry about it. I am shaking right now writing this because I cant believe how bad of a pediatrician you are. Do you even care that my families livelihood depends on me working? Do you know what its like not to have any sleep and work the next day for weeks straight? Up all night worried that your child is going to stop breathing or aspirate on his own vomit? Of course you dont! You just collect your paycheck and go on your merry way.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Medical College Of Pennsylvania
Dr. Gayathri S Rao accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Capital Blue Cross
- Capital BC PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
Geisinger Health Plan
- Geisinger Health Plan
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER2
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Gayathri S Rao in this video.
Dr. Gayathri S Rao is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Collegeville, PA.