Contact Lens Care
A complete overview of what you need to know about your contact lenses.
- Chronic Dry Eye Facts about chronic dry eye, including the causes, symptoms & doctors.
- Contact Lens Care A complete overview of contact lenses.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Macular Degeneration Get the facts about macular degeneration.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Gayle C Howard
Dr. Gayle C Howard, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Chula Vista, CA. She has 22 years of experience. Her specialties include Ophthalmology. Dr. Howard is affiliated with Sharp Memorial Hospital, Sharp Coronado Hospital and Palomar Medical Center Poway. She speaks English.
Dr. Gayle C Howard has the following 1 specialty
An ophthalmologist has the training to do much more than just prescribe glasses. They are physicians specially trained to diagnose and treat disorders of the eyes and vision. These doctors are experts on the complicated anatomy of the eye and are trained to treat eye diseases through both medical and surgical methods.
Some common conditions that ophthalmologists treat are cataracts, glaucoma, strabismus, diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration and amblyopia. In addition, ophthalmologists can provide prescriptions for eye glasses and contact lenses and perform LASIK surgery and other corrective surgeries for refractive errors like myopia (near-sightedness), hyperopia (far-sightedness), astigmatism and presbyopia.
Dr. Gayle C Howard has the following 9 expertise
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Vision Issues
- Eye Pain
- Eye Exam
- Macular Degeneration
- Lasik Surgery
Dr. Gayle C Howard has 1 board certified specialty
Dr. Gayle C Howard is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
Dr. Howard is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
22 Years Experience
Duke University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1996
Dr. Gayle C Howard accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
Sharp Health Plan
- Sharp Health Blue Choice
- Sharp Health Gold Value
- Sharp Health Performance
- Sharp Health Premier
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
Locations & DirectionsEye Physicians Medical Surgical Center, 681 3rd Ave, Chula Vista, CA
Dr. Gayle C Howard is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chula Vista, CA.