Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Gayle B Sisbarro has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Gayle B Sisbarro has the following 7 expertise
- Binge Eating Disorder
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
Dr. Gayle B Sisbarro has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 13
I went to Dr. Sisbarro having terrible arthritic symptoms and no insurance. She prescribed medications that have helped me live my life and continue to work. I am greatful to her for everything she has done for me. She has changed my life. I still have pain, but it is finally tolerable and I am no longer the person who has to stay in the house and miss out on life. Without her I would have lost my job training new employees for my company. I can not thank her enough for making my life better. I would recommend Dr. Sisbarro to everyone. Great doctor who truely cares about her patients - so rare today.
I will let you know that they were understaffed on the particular day I was seen, however, I felt I was just rushed out with out any of my concerns answered or addressed. Dr. Sisbarro seemed nice and maybe it was just a busy day, however, I felt like a number rather than a patient and like I said before none of my concerns or problems that I marked on the paper were even address and I was not given the opportunity to address any of them as I was rushed. I will not be back again, you get 1 time for a first impression and this was not a great impression especially a first time patient visit that only lasted 7 minutes TOP after waiting 40 minutes in a room to be seen.The office staff were all very welcoming and nice!
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Top 10 Doctor - City (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
Dr. Sisbarro is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
32 Years Experience
Philadelphia College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1986
Dr. Gayle B Sisbarro accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Capital Blue Cross
- Capital BC Keystone Health Plan Central HMO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
Geisinger Health Plan
- Geisinger Health Plan
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
Locations & DirectionsCrooked Oak Family Medicine, 1655 Crooked Oak Dr, Lancaster, PA
Dr. Gayle B Sisbarro is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lancaster, PA.