Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Geetha Kartha
Dr. Geetha Kartha, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Southgate, MI. She has 28 years of experience. Her specialties include Obstetrics & Gynecology. Dr. Kartha is affiliated with Henry Ford Wyandotte Hospital and Beaumont Hospital - Dearborn, Oakwood Campus. She speaks English.
Dr. Geetha Kartha has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Geetha Kartha has the following 39 expertise
- Genital Herpes (Herpes Genitalis)
- Muscle Disease (Myoma)
- Child Birth
- Intrauterine Device (IUD)
- Menstrual Pain
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Hysterectomy (Uterus)
- Tubal Ligation (Permanent Sterilization in Women)
- Women's Health
- Genital Warts
- Inflammation of the Vulva and Vagina (Vulvovaginitis)
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
- PMS (Premenstrual Syndrome)
- STD (Sexually Transmitted Diseases)
- High Risk Pregnancy
- Birth Control
- Hot Flashes
- Pelvic Exam
- Pap Smear
- Yeast Infection (Candidiasis)
- Miscarriage (Recurrent)
- Chlamydia Infections
- Ovarian Cysts
Dr. Geetha Kartha has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Geetha Kartha is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 26
I have been seeing Dr Kartha for about 16 years. She is easy to talk to and she always calls you back if you leave a message for her. She delivered my 2nd child and she was a blessing to have present at the birth of our daughter. My mom and aunt see her and now my oldest daughter is seeing her. Wouldn't go to anyone else she is the best.
When I got pregnant with my first child, my insurance changed and I was super upset as I would not be able to see Dr. Kartha anymore. The office was very nice and quick about switching over my records. The new Dr. I had was nowhere near as nice and friendly as Dr. Kartha and I knew that if my insurance ever changed again, I would go back to her if I could. Well, it did change again and that's what I did. Shes the Dr. I had for my second child and everything was sooo much easier and nicer than my experience with my first child and the other Dr. I never want to go anywhere else! However, my insurance has changed yet again and of course, I have to switch again. I'm very upset....
I felt very rushed by dr kartha. She made some very inappropriate comments about me being scheduled at the wrong time, mind you that was not my fault but her staff. I felt like I was an inconvenience to her. She made comments about the weight loss surgery I had as being "a little drastic." After laughing at my concerns and brushing me off, I had a second opinion from a better office. I had cervical cancer. I would never return to her office and am extremely disappointed with her skills and actions. Absolutely no bed side manner. Needless to say, missing cervical cancer is a big deal. Would not recommend. Beware of doctors that hold themselves above others. We are paying you for a service and expect to be taken care of.
I am very happy with Dr. Kartha as my OB/GYN. I am currently approaching the end of my second pregnancy and couldn't be more happy with my experience with her. My never wait more than 5 minutes to see her (and I am usually early to my appointments). She has always been extremely accommodating to both my schedule and her full schedule when squeezing in my last minute weekly pregnancy appointments. She is very respectful of my opinions as a mother and as a pregnant woman as well as a patient who comes in for her yearly physical. She is kind and thorough and knowledgeable. She doesn't go overboard on explaining everything to me but ALWAYS answers questions and concerns that I have. I have never felt disrespected nor belittled as other women mention on here. She always gives me the time I need for my appointments. I would (and have to many) recommended Dr. Kartha.
Dr. Kartha is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
28 Years Experience
Rush Medical College Of Rush University Medical Center
Graduated in 1990
Sinai Grace Hospital
Dr. Geetha Kartha accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- First Health PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsEngler And Kartha Medical Group, 15265 Northline Rd, Southgate, MI
Dr. Geetha Kartha is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Southgate, MI.