Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Geetha Mathew has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Geetha Mathew is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 4
She was one of the staff physicians at the US Embassy medical clinic somewhere in Asia when we were there. While competent, she's very "cookbook medicine", cold, and clinical. She told me my child had "delays" at five mos. old from less than five minutes of observation b/c my child wasn't meeting the goals on her chart. At 10 mos. my child was talking and several years later is being tested for the gifted & talented program at their school. I think any person w/common sense, physician or otherwise, would've said "well, they're displaying this ability now, but we can try again later on or do you have concerns?" I thought her quick label was tactless & inept. I would've understood if it had been warranted, but, it was not.
14 Years Experience
University of Massachusetts
Graduated in 1999
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Geetha Mathew is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Alexandria, VA.