Dr. Gena Ghearing Is this you?

3.4

Have you seen Dr. Gena Ghearing?

Dr. Ghearing is AWESOME

Posted on October 26th, 2015

Dr. Ghearing was AWESOME!!! Even though we had to wait 6 months for an appointment it was worth it. Don't let her youthful look and ponytail mislead you, she is a very good doctor specializing in seizures. She was so caring and respectful toward my mom. What a nice doctor. Dr. Ahmed Yassin who worked with her was also very helpful.

Posted on July 7th, 2015

Dr. Ghering is great, but maybe too great. It's really hard to get into see her now. And when you schedule an appointment in advance, we always get a letter changing our appointment to some time that your not available!

Posted on April 26th, 2015

Dr. Gearing far exceeded my expectations with her indepth examination. She took the time to ask me my concerns and gave me a full evaluation. She has monitored me closely during my entire pregnancy, checking in monthly to ensure I was receiving proper care etc. I would recommend her to any patient suffering from epilepsy. She brought clarity and reassurance to my situation. Only downside was the wait but after seeing her, I understand why she falls behind. She never rushed me despite seeing me nearly an hour behind her own schedule.

The staff and office is terrible but not doctors fault

Posted on March 22nd, 2015

Diagnosed my epilepsy and helped with legalities in my workplace. Because of Pittsburgh area health insurance conflicts, I had to part ways. Office was also too far of a drive for me.

Posted on August 5th, 2014

I would not recommend to anyone. On my first visit she decided to slowly wean me off my current medication because of all of the side effects (which I agreed with 100% and still do) During the 2nd phase of the weaning process I had a reaction. It took 2 days and 3 phone calls to get anyone to return my call. The response was I could either go to the emergency room for the side effects or go back on the original meds and we will see you in 3 months.I decided to call 4 pharmacies and describe the symptoms and the dosage changes of the medicines to the pharmacists and all 4 said "call your doctor immediately". When I told them the response not one could believe it. I called my PCP who monitored me during the medicine change to make sure I didn't have another seizure and told me the response of "go to the emergency room" was a CYA on her part to avoid a lawsuit.

Posted on December 8th, 2016