Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Gene Balboa has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 39
I was extremely fortunate that my primary care physician got it into his head that he could charge a zillion dollars and switch to being a "concierge" doctor. As a result, all of the wise patients that were unwilling to fork over the extreme extra dough to stay with that doctor got shuffled over to Dr. Balboa. THANK THE LORD! My diabetes was raging out of control with my prior doctor but Dr. Balboa got it under control and set me up with specialists to monitor my blood sugar, feet and eyes. If Dr. Balboa hadn't come into my life I might very well be dead now or at the very least be hobbling around on stumps from losing my feet to my uncontrolled diabetes. Dr. Balboa is very friendly and he demonstrates that he cares a great deal about the people under his medical supervision. As many other reviewers have stated, he takes the time to ensure that he can take the very best care of his patients. I've never felt rushed by him despite his busy schedule. Simply put, Dr. Balboa is AMAZING. You won't find a better doctor!
Dr. Gene Balboa, MD is excellent, a truly talented physician. I feel fortunate to have found him by reading reviews on Healthgrades Website. I am over 60 years old and have seen a number of doctors. Indeed, Dr. Balboa goes above and beyond his call of duty for his patients. He is highly professional, gracious, and never hurried. He spent more time with me than any internist I had seen. He has even called me personally at home to discuss my lab test results. In addition to his calming and reassuring manner, he is extremely knowledgeable and very thorough. His caring approach above all helped greatly in correctly identifying my medical problems. I shall wholeheartedly recommend Dr. Balboa.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2011, 2012, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
15 Years Experience
Yale University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2003
Yale University School Of Medicine
Dr. Gene Balboa accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna CT AWH MC OA w/Pediatric Dental
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsAssociated Internists Of Darien, 40 Heights Rd Ste 201, Darien, CT
Dr. Gene Balboa is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Darien, CT.