Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- High Cholesterol Facts about high cholesterol, including risk factors for getting it.
- Obesity Facts about obesity, including causes, risks & doctors who treat it.
- Pulmonary Embolism Facts about pulmonary embolism, including symptoms and risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Gene Chang has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
Cardiologists are doctors who specialize in the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of conditions related to the heart and blood vessels.
A patient may be referred to a cardiologist if he experiences symptoms like chest pains, shortness of breath, dizziness, or high blood pressure. The physician will then evaluate your symptoms, take your health and family history and your weight. The cardiologist may order additional diagnostic tests, such as an echocardiogram, X-ray or blood tests. If necessary, the cardiologist may also call for a cardiac catheterization - a procedure in which a small tube is inserted into or near the heart that can take pictures of the heart's activity, or relieve blockage.
Once determining whether there is a heart condition, a cardiologist will treat a patient through cholesterol management, cardiac rehabilitation, and fitness. If surgical intervention is required, like open-heart surgery, a cardiologist will make that determination, but a cardiothoracic surgeon will perform the procedure.
Dr. Gene Chang has the following 88 expertise
- Cerebral Palsy
- Chest Pain (Angina)
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Seizure Disorders
- Dementia Related Behavioral Disorders
- Sprains and Strains
- Blood Clot
- Trigger Finger Disorder
- Anxiety Disorders
- Pancreas inflammation (Pancreatitis)
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Weight Loss
- Women's Health
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Unstable Angina
- Myocardial Infarction
- Bunions (Hallux Valgus)
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Percutaneous Arterial Septic Defect (ASD) Closure
- High Cholesterol
- Fainting (Syncope)
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD)
- Heart Catheterization
- Smoking Cessation
- Primary Headache Disorders
- Stomach Diseases
- Skin Rash (Acrodermatitis)
- Sinus Infection (Sinusitis)
- Memory Disorders
- Heart Block
- Urinary Retention
- Alternative Medicine
- Lyme Disease
- Urinary Tract Infections (UTI)
- Intestinal Diseases
- Heart Diseases
- Eating Disorders
- Pink eye (Conjunctivitis)
- Viral Human Hepatitis
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Hives (Urticaria)
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Adolescent Medicine
- Nutritional Support
- Patent Foramen Ovale
- Heart Attack
- Heart Failure
- Peptic Ulcer
Showing 4 of 4
Dr. Chang is a wonderful cardiologist, he spent plenty of time with us explaining our situation after my husband had a massive heart attack. He walked us through what needs to be done and has even called us personally to talk to us instead of having an assistant call..Dr Chang has wonderful bedside manners and is truly concerned for the health of his patients' I would recommend Dr. Chang to anyone who needs to see a Cardiologists. A wonderful Dr and surgeon...
Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors (2017)
Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors® are specialists who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top medical specialists throughout the country who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise. Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors® are specialists who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top medical specialists throughout the country who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise.
27 Years Experience
Tufts University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1991
University Of Pennsylvania Health System
Dr. Gene Chang accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital Blue Cross
- Capital BC PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Geisinger Health Plan
- Geisinger Health Plan
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER1
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER2
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- IBC Keystone HMO POS
- IBC Personal Choice PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- QualCare HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsPenn Presbyterian Medical Center, 51 N 39th St, Philadelphia, PA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Gene Chang in this video.
Dr. Gene Chang is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Philadelphia, PA.