Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Gene E Myers has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Gene E Myers has the following 14 expertise
- Preventive Medicine
- Heart Failure
- Heart Attack
- Lipid Disorders
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Diseases
- High Cholesterol
- Blood Clot
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
Dr. Gene E Myers has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 26
Dr. Myers ordered every test in the book, including a test for a clotting disease only those in their 30s get -- and I am well past that age! If you goal is to spend money, see Dr. Myers. If your goal is good cardiac health, see someone else.
Clotting diseases are not specific to any age factor. Clotting diseases are part of your genetic makeup - and can affect many organs and systems including heart disease and peripheral vascular disease. I believe it is the job of a thorough physician to look at all of the factors that influence a disease state. Often good cardiac health and treatment involve looking at these factors and putting the entire picture together for a plan of regression of atherosclerosis and prevention in the future.
I was referred to Dr. Myers by my primary care physician. Although I waited in the office for a little while to see him - it was worth the wait. Dr. Myers spends all the time he needs with you to discuss your problems and puts together a plan I understood and was comfortable with. His staff was courteous and pleasant. The office is beautiful and clean.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
49 Years Experience
University Of Pennsylvania School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1969
Georgetown University Medical Center
Dr. Gene E Myers accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Tampa Bay CoreNet
- PHCS PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Gene E Myers in this video.
Dr. Gene E Myers is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Sarasota, FL.