Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Gene G Finley
Dr. Gene G Finley, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Natrona Heights, PA, with other offices in Pittsburgh, PA and Kittanning, PA (and 1 other location). He has 37 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Hematology & Oncology. Dr. Finley is affiliated with West Penn Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Gene G Finley has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Hematology & Oncology
- Prostate Cancer (Prostatic Neoplasm)
- Bone Cancer
- Blood Cancer
- Liver Cancer
- Head and Neck Cancer
- Gastrointestinal Cancer
- Colorectal Cancer
- Kidney Cancer
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Urinary Bladder Cancer
- Ovarian Cancer
- Uterine Cancer
- Brain Cancer
- Breast Cancer
- Pancreatic Cancer
Showing 5 of 9
His way of talking and speaking with family of a ill patient is very poor. Especially if they are terminal. He will literally walk away from you as a patient in the last few days of life. He did with my family member. The member was in their last few days and as a family we had a few questions and Finley literally walked away from us in the hospital after proceeding to rudely tell us to "get over it"! Do not recommend please go see someone else.
Dr Finely is a compassionate care provider. He explained lung cancer test results, answered questions and explained the disease. He advised us from diagnosis through treatment and prognosis. When knowledge and dignity were paramount, Dr. Finley shared expertise, planned for the latest treatments and ultimately provided a seamless transition to end-of-life care. He supports an environment where informed decisions can be made. He worked with us so that our loved one's wishes were respected and her dignity remained intact.
Doesn't care what family members think or tell them the truth about a diagnosis or side effects of what a patient is experiencing from medicine as long as they are not in pain. What's the point in reporting side effects. The elderly can't handle strong doses of medicine. Has no compasion. Wouldn't recommend this doctor to anyone.
Dr. Finley is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
37 Years Experience
University Of Pittsburgh School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1981
University Of Pittsburgh Medical Center
Dr. Gene G Finley accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
Geisinger Health Plan
- Geisinger Health Plan
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Highmark KeystoneBlue
- Highmark PPOBlue
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UPMC Health Plan
- UPMC PPO
- UPMC Premium Network Plans
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & Directions
Dr. Gene G Finley is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Natrona Heights, PA.