Dr. Gene Shaffer Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Gene Shaffer?

Fixed a bone spur on back of ankle for me, great work

In 2006, Dr. Shaffer operated on the back of my ankle to remove a bone spur (Haglund's Deformity), and also replaced my Achillles tendon since it suffered microtears. His choice to use my big toe tendon as a replacement was superb, and after 6 month's recovery (standard for the Achilles heel), I haven't had a problem since, and I work as a pilot with a major airline and need to pass physicals twice per year. His professionalism and straightforward communication was just my style. I would highly recommend him for anyone with foot/ankle injuries and surgery, especially people who prefer no-nonsense style and cutting edge surgery skills.

Save my job.

I broke my ankle and ripped the tendons from under the big toe on my left leg. I went to an ER and was told by that doctor that I would never be able to perform my job duties any more. I go an appointment through a friend to see Dr. Gene Schaffer. He found the ripped tendon and broken toe that the ER never found and saw the break in the bone in my ankle. Within 2 days I was in the OR and Dr. Gene performed mericals. He repaired my tendon and toe and put a rod with 7 screws in my leg/ankle. Within weeks I was back at my old job and to this day I never get any aches or pains in the repaired area. Dr. Schaffer save my leg and my job. Thanks Doctor.

Another doctor recommended him to me. Mr. Shaffer needs to sign up for a people person, sensitivity & doctor bedside manners course. He was rude, arrogant and obnoxious. He did not want to listen to the surgical history for my visit. He treated & spoke to me as if was a piece of dirt. Will never refer or re-visit.

A doctor with absolutely no bedside manner

Dr. Shaffer seems like a doctor who knows what he is doing but as for how he relates and treats his patients ... that is another story. I found him to be very rude and rushed. Whenever I would ask a question, he would make it seem like I was annoying him. I would not use him again in the future for any medical needs. I will definitely look into finding another orthopedic doctor.

I agree with the first review. Poor bedside manner. Brusque and indifferent. Affirmatively refused to answer my question. Did not really want to hear about the problem I had.

Had a routine ankle surgery with him and ended up with a horrible infection. This is not why I gave him a bad rating-it was the indifference he showed with the situation after my first surgery. He would send other doctors in his orthapedic group to see me instead of himself, and offered no condolences on the issue. He didn't even think it was infected, I limped around for 2 months with an infected foot before going to a different surgeon. It required three more surgeries and months of antibiotics to fix it. I still cant get over how little he seemed to care about my situation and how little time he would give me before ducking out of the room.

Excellent doctor

Dr. Shaffer was very thorough not only in his explanation of my problem but also about what to expect after surgery. He answered my many questions and I never felt as though I were taking too much of his time. My surgery went very well, and the results have been excellent. I also liked that he didn't push me into surgery and explained my options.

Dr. Gene Shaffer is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Philadelphia, PA.