Dr. Gennaro D Labella Is this you?

4.7

Have you seen Dr. Gennaro D Labella?

He is a good doctor , very down to earth an will listen an explain things where you understand what he talking about

WONDERFUL. JUST WONDERFUL.

He is very courteous and then switches to a rude person. I had a bad experience at B. North where I was inpatient and at the office with him in June 2014.

Compassionate Surgeon

Dr. Labella operated on my 92 yr old father for a cecal tumor that was discovered on admission to Bethesda North hospital after he had nausea and vomiting. Dr. Labella and his colleague were patient with my dad, explained the risks and allowed him to make the decision to have surgery without pressure or discouragement. Unfortunately, when they operated, the cancer had spread throughout Dad's abdomen and they did a major procedure, including creating an ileostomy. I am a physician and knew my dad would not live long, but Dr. Labella seemed genuinely upset that the findings during surgery were so grim. He was supportive, understanding and compassionate. It is not fair to generalize, but my experience has been that surgeons are not always inclined to show much feeling. I believe this doctor did everything possible for my father and put all of his best effort into creating the best outcome for him. Dad died a week later, but had great care between diagnosis and his death.

wish we met him sooner

had a bad cancer and a fistula as well. Was in bad shape. He performed several surgeries on me all planned. he explained to my wife and I eveything ahead of time and told us what to expect. he is very confident and truly the best. I am doing great and have to say without his help i dont think i would be alive to write this. the guy is incredible. every nurse in the hospital loves that guy and they all said if they needed surgery they would go to him.

Excellent surgeon

Dr. Labella has performed two surgeries on me. Gallbladder removal, and removal of endometrial scar tissue. I will recommend him to everyone and anyone that will listen. He has a great bedside manner, makes you feel comfortable, and truly cares about his patients. He has a special talent for easing your anxiety pre and post surgery.

miracle worker

he used a robot to cut out my colon cancer at Bethesda north. and i was out of the hospital in 3 days. He even showed me pictures of the robot like i asked. Tiny incisions and minimal pain..He has a big group of residents who follow. I am back to work and have no cancer. I owe him my life. He comes off very confident, funny and a bit cocky.. He is a big time surgeon and worth the wait... I recommend him..

diverticulitis

used a robot to do a colon resection on me. I was out of hospital in 3 days. He is smart and funny. made me feel comfortalbe with it all. He does have a lot of residents and students that follow him and work for him. they were all very helpful.

Labella should not be in practice

Labella performed what should have been a simple hernia repair on my wife in 2007. Instead he botched the surgery by severing the lymph vessels surrounding the hernia and depositing the lymphatic fluid into her abdominal cavity. He kept her at Bethesda North Hospital for over 15 days because he didn't know how to treat her. My wife lost valuable nutrients from the fluid that should have flowed into her upper body. She had to get paracentesis every 3 months to drain the chylous acities from her stomach - over 6 liters each time. Over time, her arms and shoulders looked as if she was malnourished. She lost most of her strength and stamina. And all because of his ineptness. My wife passed away just a few days ago due to this complication. She never did recover from Labella's incompetance. He's lucky there's a 1 year statute of limitations on lawsuits. Don't be fooled by the bedside manner. He's the reason my wife isn't here today.

Dr LaBella has the best bedside manner of any doctor I have ever had!

Onding!

This is the first surgery I've ever had and Dr. Labella's empathic bedside manner contributed highly to my comfort and trust. I would recommend him to anyone! Thank you to his staff as well!

Still around

Dr. Labella performed a complicated 9 hour surgery that included rebuilding my colon and cancer removal. His bedside manner and positive approach really comforted me in my time of need. He is a wonderful Dr as well as a compassionate human being.