Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Geoffrey N Alilonu has the following 2 specialties
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.
A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.
Hospitalists are physicians who specialize in the care of patients in the hospital. The majority of hospitalists are board-certified internists and have completed the same training as other internal medicine doctors including medical school, residency and board certification examination.
Hospitalist activities include patient care, teaching, research, and leadership related to hospital care. They have more expertise in caring for complicated hospitalized patients on a daily basis since, unlike other specialists or primary care doctors, they spend most of their day in the hospital.
They often coordinate the care of their patients and act as the central point of communication among the different doctors and nurses involved in the patient's care. They are also the main physician for family members to contact for updates on a loved one.
Dr. Geoffrey N Alilonu has the following 8 expertise
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Chronic Renal Disease
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Kidney Biopsy
Dr. Geoffrey N Alilonu has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 10
Patients' Choice Award (2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
17 Years Experience
Ross University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2001
New York Hospital
Dr. Geoffrey N Alilonu accepts the following insurance providers.
- BCBS AL PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Locations & DirectionsWest Alabama Nephrology, 4400 Watermelon Rd Ste B, Northport, AL
Dr. Geoffrey N Alilonu is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Northport, AL.