Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional information.
Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Geoffrey Ames has the following 2 specialties
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
- Autism (Autistic Disorder)
- Chelation Therapy
- Environmental Illness
- Holistic Health
- Nutrition Disorders
Showing 5 of 29
Dr. Ames is willing to think outside the box of conventional medical practice. In my case he worked with me on my various health issues, not imposing his medical wisdom on me but explaining his diagnoses and alternatives for treatment. My ophthalmologist discovered cholesterol deposits in my eyes and insisted I get it checked out as it is an indicator of heart disease. After checking with Dr. Ames and at his suggestion supplementing with manganese, the deposits cleared and further eye exams confirmed this. I am grateful for his service.
Dr. Ames is by far the most brilliant doctor, I have ever met. He is very passionate about his work, very thorough, that makes him a perfectionist. While some people have complained about the lab work he orders, to me it makes complete sense. I'm paying for all expenses out of pocket, ( our insurance doesn't cover his office , and most labs) , but is worth it every penny. While his diagnosis was accurate, without lab work to back it up, one would think he pulls the diagnosis out of a hat. Is going to take me few months to pay my lab work, but I don't regret it for a second. He has the knowledge and knows how to use it. Now that I found the "perfect doctor ", I could never go back to see a regular doctor... I recommend Dr. Ames with all my heart to anyone! I had suffered for few years, needlessly, because of incompetent doctors. My quality of life has improved because of his care. I'm so blessed to have him as my doctor!
Dr. Ames is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Kadlec Regional Medical Center
Lourdes Counseling Center
27 Years Experience
American University of the Caribbean
Graduated in 1986
University Of Nevada School Of Medicine
Locations & DirectionsGeoffrey Stillman Ames MD, 750 Swift Blvd, Richland, WA
Dr. Geoffrey Ames is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Richland, WA.