Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Geoffrey Beale
Dr. Geoffrey Beale, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Columbia, MO, with other offices in Columbia, MO and Columbia, MO . He has 42 years of experience. His specialties include Diagnostic Radiology, Internal Medicine and Vascular and Interventional Radiology. Dr. Beale is affiliated with Harry S. Truman Memorial Veterans Hospital, Columbia Regional Hospital and University of Missouri Hospital & Clinic. He speaks English.
Dr. Geoffrey Beale has the following 3 specialties
- Diagnostic Radiology
Radiologists help doctors get a closer look at what’s happening inside your body. If your primary care doctor wants to investigate your symptoms further, they may refer you to a radiologist to get an ultrasound or x-ray. Some radiologists specialize in mammography and breast imaging, which is who you see when you need a mammogram. A Radiologist can also determine if bones are broken or fractured after any kind of accident.
Radiologists are trained to perform MRIs and CT scans, both of which are used to determine the presence of diseases or disorders and help your doctor properly diagnose you. They can detect anything from tumors, bleeding and infections to bone and muscle disorders.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Vascular and Interventional Radiology
Interventional radiologists, also known as vascular radiologists, use minimally-invasive imaging techniques to diagnose conditions in your organs and blood vessels. For example, if you need an angiography (an x-ray of the arteries) to diagnose a blockage in your blood vessels, your doctor will refer you to an interventional radiologist. They can, if needed, perform an angioplasty to open up the blocked passage.
They’re also trained to perform needle biopsies, insert stents, treat varicose veins and obstructions of the urinary tract (possibly due to kidney stones) and can help with dangerous postpartum bleeding. They treat various types of fibroids and embolization, which is a clot, air bubble or other blockage in the bloodstream. While the types of imaging procedures they perform are more invasive than x-rays done to identify broken bones, pain levels and recovery time are usually minimal.
Dr. Geoffrey Beale has the following 2 expertise
- Interventional Radiology
Dr. Geoffrey Beale is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Dr. Beale is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Harry S. Truman Memorial Veterans Hospital
Columbia Regional Hospital
University of Missouri Hospital & Clinic
Curators of the University of Missouri
University Hospitals and Clinics
42 Years Experience
University of Michigan Medical School
Graduated in 1971
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Geoffrey Beale in this video.
Dr. Geoffrey Beale is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Columbia, MO.