Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Geoffrey H Smallwood
Dr. Geoffrey H Smallwood, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Nashville, TN. He has 33 years of experience. His specialties include Obstetrics & Gynecology. Dr. Smallwood is affiliated with North Tower Surgical Hospital and Vanderbilt Stallworth Rehabilitation. Dr. Smallwood has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Geoffrey H Smallwood has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Geoffrey H Smallwood has the following 12 expertise
- Birth Control
- Pelvic Exam
- Child Birth
- Pap Smear
- Antiphospholipid Syndrome (APS)
- Menstrual Pain
- Women's Health
- Hot Flashes
Dr. Geoffrey H Smallwood has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Geoffrey H Smallwood is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 13
this man saved my life. after laboring for a number of hours, i gave birth via c-section and later went on to experience uterine atony and subsequently hemorrhaged. he, in cooperation with my ob - donna crowe and another md= dr. staggs, is the reason i am still here to be a mother, wife, daughter, and friend. he is knowledgeable, skilled, and in my eyes- an angel. i have no words eloquent enough to express my gratitude for him and the staff of nurses who cared for me at baptist hospital.and this star rating doesn't reflect my opinion accurately due to me not knowing the wait time in his office and not being a regular patient of his. but he deserves 10 stars.
I had a fantastic experience with Dr. Smallwood during my first pregnancy. I needed an unexpected c-section due to my baby being breech, and he did a wonderful job. He is very caring and warm. He even took extra washing samples from my abdomen during the surgery due to my history of ovarian cancer- I didn't even need to ask for this to be done. I have no idea what happened with the woman posting the negative review, but this is definitely not the Dr. Smallwood I know.
He was nice and gave the impression of listening during prenatal visits, then turned into an arrogant snob at delivery. He was rude to family and friends who were visiting. I'm sure he is clinically competent, but won't use him again due to his rudeness during delivery.
Patients' Choice Award (2009, 2011, 2010, 2008)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Smallwood is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
33 Years Experience
Tulane University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1985
Vanderbilt University Medical Center
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsSaint Thomas Midtown Hospital, 2000 Church St, Nashville, TN
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Geoffrey H Smallwood in this video.
Dr. Geoffrey H Smallwood is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Nashville, TN.