3.3

Have you seen Dr. Geoffrey H Wilcox?

He'll Get Nowhere NEAR My Family.

Close to a decade ago, I encountered this guy. It was for maybe all of fifteen minutes over the course of a visit to my hospital room, where I was being treated for a pancreatic condition. Keep in mind that I had never seen this guy before in the time (nearly a week) I'd been in hospital. But he waltzed in (he didn't introduce himself, by the way), and when I told him that I was the guy he was looking for, he poked and prodded about my thorax without a thing to say to me. After some note-taking he told me that everything felt fine, and after a cursory look at my diagnostics he said there was a slight leakage of blood showing on my last CT scan. "Probably nothing," he said. "Your body will process that out nicely. You're cleared to go home tomorrow." Yeah! Alright! Except 13 hours after his visit, as the nursing staff prepped me for release, i.e., removing my IVs, and ECG wires and such, the pain in my chest ballooned like no one would believe. So I spent the better part of three hours curled up in a fetal ball screaming for my morphine, before my PCP made his rounds and promptly ordered up an ambulance to take me to the best hospital for GI work in town. When I got to the hospital and made it to triage, I was asked who had released me from the local hospital. I told the doctor that it was Wilcox, and within 45 minutes I had had another CT Scan. And within 15 minutes of THAT, I was being prepped for surgery to fix a splenic artery embolism which had swollen to the size of a softball (hence the pain) and, had it not been taken care of, and had it let loose, I would have bled out within minutes. Stay away from this guy. He's nothing more than a medieval barber.

The staff is very friendly! Dr. Wilcox always asks what is going on why am I in to see him, then he will suggest what he knows will fix my issue. So HAPPY with the procedure, would do it all again!

arrogant careless doctor

I went to the er with horrible pain. I was told it was my gallbladder and it needed to be removed. I suffered for approximately 19 hours before Dr Wilcox did the surgery. He kept to his regular schedule and left me for the last surgery of his day. The complication was my gallbladder burst and gangrene had gone through my body. I ended up in the hospital for 5 days. When I went back to see him I clearly had an abscess growing in my stomach. I did end up in the hospital four more times with four abscesses. Dr. Wilcox showed no concern what so ever. He went as far as to say I was not feeling any of the pain I told him I was feeling. He also said in the 25 years or so as a doctor he never had a patient like me he walked out of my room and left me crying . After all 4 experiences i finally decided to go to UPMC Presbyterian in Pittsburgh. Needless to say they truly cleaned up his entire mess. I still to this day have problems and still under a different doctors care. My new doctor is someone I would refer to anyone. I have to say I would not refer my neighbors dog to Doctor Geoffrey Wilcox. He really should be and needs to be trained in people skills which is something he has none of. Patients beware !!!! I truly hope you read this review and move forward with a whole different doctor.

great job

dr Wilcox has done all 5 surgerys on my tummy and he has done everyone of them ..I have to sayhe has done a great job on them all and actly I might have to go see him here soon and his staff is just the best

ignorant

This was my second visit with Dr. Wilcox..years ago a hernia repair..thought I had another left belly pain noticeable buldge..after informing me I had no hernia he made me feel stupid. .he was arrogant..gave me a script for go lightly..I left went er and had a flare up o diverticulitus..and the go lightly was the worst thing ever..I will bever visit him again..2 hour wait and I was in agony and he could of cared less...more interested in his tan and rude skills

Failed to order the proper follow up tests as my post op complications from gall bladder surgery got worse. suffered needlessly for extra days, finally a cat scan was ordered and the problem identified. Does not listen to what a patient is saying. Would not recommend him to anyone.

Bariatric patients only?

I was referred to Dr. Wilcox by my personal physician to have a large cyst removed. His people skills are sub-par, and I feel he rushed through the procedure; not as thorough as he could be.. He showed very little attention to my concerns regarding follow-up care. Perhaps he does better with bariatric patients?

Great Doctor!

This doctor gave me back a life! Great doctor and office staff!!

Dr. Geoffrey H Wilcox is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Sewickley, PA.

Dr. Geoffrey H Wilcox Is this you?