Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. George N Atia MD
Dr. George N Atia, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Barrington, IL, with another office in Chicago, IL. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. He speaks English.
Dr. George N Atia has 2 locations
200 Fox Glen Ct
Barrington, IL 60010
Dr. George N Atia has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. George N Atia has the following 9 expertise
- Celiac Disease
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm
- Abdominal Pain
Dr. George N Atia is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 33
Self-verified patient of Dr. George N Atia - Posted on February 6th, 2019
I have known Dr. Atia for a number of years. I find him to be a very good doctor who knows his specialty well. He takes his time w/ you & answers all your questions. His weakness is that he runs behind schedule & you can really wait, if you're a late afternoon patient. I see him in the Chicago office.
Incompetent, inept office staff. Don’t waste your time and money!!
Self-verified patient of Dr. George N Atia - Posted on March 30th, 2018
First visit with Dr Atia went well, he was very receptive and informative, although he never examined me. Scheduled a procedure only to be told the day before not covered by insurance. The office staff is horrible, gives misinformation, does not listen, your time is not valued. A complete waste of time and resources. I have never experienced such malfeasance from a medical staff. Beware!!
Avoid DR ATIA and the ILLINOIS CENTER for DIGETIVE & LIVER HEALTH at all costs (literally).
Self-verified patient of Dr. George N Atia - Posted on February 28th, 2018
Although we met with Dr Atia before the procedure and he agreed to perform a screenning colonoscopy, he coded it incorrectly -- resulting in over $300 of additional charges not normally covered by health insurance. His Billing clerk TERRY was completely unhelpful and insisted that I didn't know what I was taking about and that a mistake was not possible. The billing manager OSCAR was also a total jerk and would not agree to resubmit the claim with the correct coding even though BCBSIL did already agree to pay it. BCBSIL eventually agreed to pay the covered charges in spite of his bad actions and improper (fraud?) medical coding. I later found a colleague who had a similar bad experience, and they are still hounding him for a $5.00 charge. Avoid DR ATIA and the ILLINOIS CENTER for DIGETIVE & LIVER HEALTH at all costs (literally).
Self-verified patient of Dr. George N Atia - Posted on January 4th, 2017
Please stay away!
Self-verified patient of Dr. George N Atia - Posted on September 20th, 2016
St Joseph Hospital
Dr. George N Atia Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health and Life IL PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry MO PPO
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- First Health PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. George N Atia
A patient and physician must establish a bond based on mutual respect, honesty and open communication. As a physician, I try to personalize my care to each patient.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. George N Atia, MD - Gastroenterology in Barrington, IL, in this video.
Dr. George N Atia is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Barrington, IL.